BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to teach myself to throw a cast net. I have watched the videos on youtube and such, but I am still having problems. I can get a perfect half circle every time, but can not get it to "unfold" into a circle. Any tips?

·
Registered
692 Posts
What size net would be the first question- Percy's method is definitely the fastest and easiest method to throw, the only difference I do is put more of my back to the target and spin my body along with arms at the same time. You just have to remember to hold on to the lead line pinched in your fingers till it is pulled out naturally- I throw a 24' spread in a perfect circle each time after a lil practice to refresh myself each season. Good luck.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Takes practice....

I started throwing a small castnet (probably a 4 footer). Once I got that down, I jumped to an 8 footer. First of all, the size difference is HUGE. But now that I got used to the big one, I actually think it is easier to throw the big one. I found a video on youtube that helped me out. I also pinch it with my teeth and I think that helps. Spend some time tossing it in your front lawn and then go from there...I've only been tossing it for a little over two years and it's one of my favorite things to do now!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.