BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now that I have two Percy Castnets in my garage that need repair and both are maybe 6 months old. Percy has stated that is more cost effective to buy a new net and that is likely the case. But with a pile of nearly new nets I figure that I should start a rotation. Does anyone know of someone locally that fixes nets? Drop me an email if you have "a guy or gal" that does this.

·
Registered
12,974 Posts
I am shocked that Percy was not willing to fix them. How bad is the damage? I had a few bluefish eat holes in mine and I did a little mending, not proper but it works.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rocky,

I am not sure that he is not willing but he did say that in the spring when he is super busy it would be easier to buy a new net which I had no problem with, but on the first throw of that net I ripped the lead line off half the net in great kills. One net likely needs a panel replaced and the other needs the lead line re-attached.

·
Registered
12,974 Posts
OK... I understand better now. You did some major damage to your nets. :eek:

I love my Percy and the only damage that I ever had to deal with was bluefish holes.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
James,
I tried to find someone to fix mine a while ago. Got the same response from Percy. I just grabbed some 20# mono and did myself. Not as pretty, but effective.

·
Registered
18,053 Posts
Mono & a rigging needle works & makes it look tough:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts