BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new 10' net and was wondering what everybody uses. I will be using this one for adult bunker and need it to sink fast for throwing out front in deeper water sometimes. I have heard good stuff about Percy cast nets and checked to see if he would be at the somerset show but he is not listed. What is everybody throwing?

·
Banned
12,837 Posts
I've used calusa nets, they work great until a bluefish is trapped.

Check out ,nylon nets .com, for some nets

The deeper the water your in the greater weigh per ft your need. 1.5 lb per ft is ideal. I own a couple different sizes, in spring a 10 ft for bunker, in fall a 6 ft for peanuts, just want a smaller dia so I don't get a thousand peanuts.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I have to go with Percy as well...

This is a sharpy from Staten Island, he fishes out waters. He know where we go for bait and what we need in a net.

·
Registered
726 Posts
As the others have said, Percey makes the best Bunker nets. And he will not let you leave his house until you have learned how to throw it correctly :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Stay in Staten Island

Either Percy or Charlie Kay from East Coast Nets. They both show you their throwing techniques and give you some other valuable tips on not only throwing, but how to catch bunker. I use East Coast Nets. I like that Charlie is rough around the edges like an old sea-dog!! Prices are around the same +- $10.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.