BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Depends on where you put in. They are open year round on PA side, you have to put in on PA side but during March and April there is a slot size. Not sure if/when NJ will do the same for those two months North of the C&D. Also, below the C&D canal you can keep them I think Starting in March, will need Delaware license and I know PA does not require them but you should use inline circle's to be safe, Delaware requires them and I am pretty sure NJ does too in the River. I am sure someone will chime in about that and confirm it.

Where in the River were you planning on going?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Depends on where you put in. They are open year round on PA side, you have to put in on PA side but during March and April there is a slot size. Not sure if/when NJ will do the same for those two months North of the C&D. Also, below the C&D canal you can keep them I think Starting in March, will need Delaware license and I know PA does not require them but you should use inline circle's to be safe, Delaware requires them and I am pretty sure NJ does too in the River. I am sure someone will chime in about that and confirm it.

Where in the River were you planning on going?

I know about the inline circle hooks, they are required for New Jersey in the river and the fishing license, but thanks for the reminder. I going to put in on the Jersey side Possible West Deptford or Salem, and fish in that area end of March or beginning of April. I don't mind releasing them if thats the law, just so my Son can catch one, but If I am allowed, I would like one for the dinner table.
Thanks for the responce.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
End of March beginning of April might be a little early if you go by the last two years. If you want a better shot at one of the biggons watch for the Herring run. May was a better month for me than April the last 2 years. Water temp seems to dictate the run. If we get an early warmup you might get lucky in March but I look forward to end of April and the whole month of May.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
End of March beginning of April might be a little early if you go by the last two years. If you want a better shot at one of the biggons watch for the Herring run. May was a better month for me than April the last 2 years. Water temp seems to dictate the run. If we get an early warmup you might get lucky in March but I look forward to end of April and the whole month of May.

Thanks, I'll write this info down, and maybe, will have a good chance to have a nice day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.