blue or white marlin
cobia
cod
pollock
shad

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Shad is the only fish on the list that you would have a decent shot at.

·
Registered
31,498 Posts
I've caught alot of billfish off the beach but never any shad or cobia. Nothing beats a Blue Marlin tail walking through the surf

·
Registered
294 Posts
last year guys up in New England pulled bluefin from the surf...NMFS even considered requiring a surf fishing pelagic permit!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Approximately 15 years ago,there was a front page story in the Atlantic City about a surf fisherman (I believe on Brigantine or LBI) who hooked into something big.He fought the critter up and down the beach and thought that he had a shark.After an hour on so he managed to get it close enough to identify. It a BFT or YFT weighing 200+lbs. He wrestled it to the beach and was called "Tuna Dundee" for his efforts.This occurred on a Saturday in the middle of July and was witnessed by many spectators on the beach.

·
Banned
2,974 Posts
I have caught cobia from the beach in Hatteras on bait in the autumn. In the spring you can sight cast for them from the beach.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Originally posted by Dakota Rob:
Can any of the following be caught off the beach:

yellowfin, big eye, longfin tuna
swordfish
mahi mahi
blue or white marlin
cobia
cod
pollock
shad
No doubt about it, absolutly!

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Yep, The Tuna Stories are true......
A good friend of mine Don(MulletMan) landed a Tuna
in the OC Surf years ago......

·
Registered
16,333 Posts
I caught a nice Pollock off the beach of Ocean City, MD once. Nice female one about 5'4" and 90 lbs. Best part to eat was the entrals!

Rob, R U one of those sea sick stricken fellows?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Last summer there was a big-eye shemale pollack fishing for cod, but all shad was corn for bait, but mahi-mahi she caught a corn o' cobia..

·
Registered
99 Posts
Oh, man its getting thick.This reminds me of the posts we get in february when we are all nuts from pre-spawn gitters.Get off the computers and get on the beach!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Bluefin Tuna was caught at Slaughter Beach DE in July this year. And in the article it said a swordfish was caught at bethany beach a few years ago

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Bayrat,
I remember one time, at band camp, I caught a grand slam in the wash during a Nor'easter.

Does that count???

Tight lines all.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.