BASS BARN banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the Kayak out all weekend down Ocean city for some fluken(all by my lonesome). Friday I only maganed two shorts and numerous bites. Saturday is a dif story. After weeding through some shorts my pole took a nose dive. After a 5 min fight I landed a 6.51lb flattie. Also got a 17incher. Sunday was reallll slow with only a bite here and there...and then WAMMMMM after another long battle I landed a 6.37lb flattie. Only fish of the day, but im not complaining. Fish were on mackeral or berkely gulp swim minnows. THEY'RE HERE!!!

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
you go boy.

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
Originally posted by LilFisherman:
Had the Kayak out all weekend down Ocean city for some fluken(all by my lonesome). Friday I only maganed two shorts and numerous bites. Saturday is a dif story. After weeding through some shorts my pole took a nose dive. After a 5 min fight I landed a 6.51lb flattie. Also got a 17incher. Sunday was reallll slow with only a bite here and there...and then WAMMMMM after another long battle I landed a 6.37lb flattie. Only fish of the day, but im not complaining. Fish were on mackeral or berkely gulp swim minnows. THEY'RE HERE!!!
YOU IS THE KING FLUKER SO FAR--CONGRATS

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
I was out behind OC as well on Thurs and Fri.....picked up one keeper on Thurs, and lost a beauty in the 8-10pd range and had a couple of throwbacks...Friday, I did pretty good at one spot. I drifted the same area about a 100 yard stretch right down the middle of the channel in about 25 ft. I was surprised at the depth. I thought they would be shallow, but I had sucess right in the deepest areas! All fish caught on mackerel and 1oz bucktails tipped with mackerel! Not a bad two days fishing.....fish had green crab in their bellies!!!!

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One guy fishing next to me said we were in 20 ft of water. I caught one in the middle of the channel and one where a lagoon meets the bay.

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Nice catch and report,LilFisherman. Keep banging them and posting your reports.

·
Registered
203 Posts
About time you caught something with some size too it! Just playin' with ya, way to go. The motor still isnt in, when its on we will hook up sometime.... Good luck, talk to ya.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Nice report and congrats-only got one legal flattie last SEASON-hope this year the water temp stays a little more consistent for a month or so.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL your funnnny MAFISHERMAN! Yea we'll def. hve to do some fishin together. Thanks for the congrats everyone. Im thinken its going to be one of the best flattie seasons we've seen in awhile.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts