BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a great day on the Bay today. We had the Espsito Bros., the Megnin boys, and Brian G., out today. Boated 26, had our limit of slot fish, our biggest was 32", and a 33". One of our slots had a tag in it. It read #487152, return to littoral soc. Highlands N.J, 07732. Is there anything special I need to send with it, other than the size and date, and location? Thanks

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that 101, someone told me I get a special hat for the return. Have you heard anything about that?

·
Banned
1,617 Posts
Bruce, Good job today. We werent so lucky. Cant always be in the right place at the right time. Mike (from the capt clam trip)

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
BMC, no hat for ALS tag but you will get a patch and info on where it was first caught.
who knows it may be one of mine ,I have over 3600 out there with tags on them
thanks for sending in the info

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Loanfish... I thought you were catching when you moved back in. Sorry to here that, there are'nt many days that he does'nt get them. Hope to fish with you again, how about a togg trip, or a rips trip. I just emailed him about those. TTYL

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bucktail... How in the world have you tagged 3600 stripers?

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
BMC great job out there, sorry we missed each other. Be sure to let us know aout the tag info, thanks.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
BMC,, been seriously tagging fish and stripers since 1990 . Began while living in Indiana and vacationing in Cape May county for 5-6 weeks a year.
Have over 7600 total fish tagged which includes over 3600 stripers up to 47 ". Actually had one 40" bass tagged in 2000 re-caught in Mass. last year and was 43"
I have stripers tagged in Cape May County re-caught from every State from Maine/New Hampshire to North Carolina.
Past 4 years since retiring and relocating back to Cape May County ,I've tagged an average of 450 stripers per year

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Originally posted by BUCKTAIL WILLIE:
BMC,, been seriously tagging fish and stripers since 1990 . Began while living in Indiana and vacationing in Cape May county for 5-6 weeks a year.
Have over 7600 total fish tagged which includes over 3600 stripers up to 47 ". Actually had one 40" bass tagged in 2000 re-caught in Mass. last year and was 43"
I have stripers tagged in Cape May County re-caught from every State from Maine/New Hampshire to North Carolina.
Past 4 years since retiring and relocating back to Cape May County ,I've tagged an average of 450 stripers per year
I hope this isn't a stupid question...

Should I release tagged stripers Willie or is it okay to keep them? I will of course send whatever info in that is needed.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
You can keep any legal tagged striper ,just cut off tag ,record data ,where caught,length ,date
and send data to address on the tag.
There are no stupid questions .thank for asking and thanks for sendingin tags

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Bruce, great job out there. The guys in the morning had a tough bite, but the afternoon was excellent. I e-mailed you about those trips! :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Originally posted by BMC:
Had a great day on the Bay today. We had the Espsito Bros., the Megnin boys, and Brian G., out today. Boated 26, had our limit of slot fish, our biggest was 32", and a 33". One of our slots had a tag in it. It read #487152, return to littoral soc. Highlands N.J, 07732. Is there anything special I need to send with it, other than the size and date, and location? Thanks
[ 04-11-2005, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: grady-brown ]

·
Registered
93 Posts
BMC
When you sent the tag to ALS , tape it to a folded index card before you put it in the envelope. Sometimes the Post Office equipment will tear the envelope where the tag lies in the envelope and it will get "lost in the mail"
Grady - Brown

·
Registered
93 Posts
BMC !
When you send the tag back tape it to a folded over index card. This prevents the Post Office equipment from ripping the envelope , resulting in a lost tag.
Grady-Brown

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bucktail... Thats really a cool deal. Heres a dumb ?, do you hook and line catch, or net these fish?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Gragy... Thanks for that info, my sec. just typed the letter and I was sending it tommorow. How long does it usually take to get the info back?

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
BMC--no such thing as a dumb question ,everything caught on hook and line and mostly on bucktails

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.