BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Everything Is A Go.......

I got permisson from the City to do our
Cleanup This Sat.11/6 between 11AM-2PM....
I will be down there sometime after 10AM...

I want to thank Striperaholic for this great
idea and for arranging the PickUp of the Trash
and maybe getting us some Vests to wear while
we work.....

I also want to thank our Very Own EricG/Moderator
of the Surf Forum for giving me some contacts
to outfit us with supplies......
Kathy from the OC Community Service Dept.Hooked
Us Up With Pleny of Heavy Grade Trash Bags and
Gloves For Everyone.... Thanks Kath.........

I also had a friend of mine Walt Hays contact
Shep from The Atlantic City Press to see if
they are interested in Covering what we are
doing...Hopefully Later In The Week Will
Here Something about that.....

Bottom Line Here: Fishermen Do Care.........

And Us Here At The BassBarn will be doing
our part to keep our enviorment clean.........

Thanks Guys,,,,,

Looking Forward To Meeting Everyone.........

*And It's Not Too Late, If Anyone Else Is Interested
In Helping Out,Just Show Up Saturday.....

Later,,

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Good Job. I'll be there. Black Toyota p/u with white cap. Ron, Moderator Fly Board

[ 11-04-2004, 06:13 AM: Message edited by: sparse grey ]

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
NS, you have mail.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by RhinoScores:
NS, you have mail.
Greg, Got It,, Great Work,, Thanks,,,,,,

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by striperaholic:
I was able to secure 16 vests and some bags.

See ya there 1030 ish.
Sounds Good Buddy,,, Thanks,,,,,

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
NS... I received your return email, but the media advisory was not attached. Please send it to me again. If you can send it to me during work hours today, I'll send it out and make follow-up calls. If I get a chance today, I'll work on a short press release that will include your comments regarding the new bridge and continued access to the area. Then I'll forward it to you. The release can be given out to any media that comes out Saturday, and I'll send it out to other newspapers and wire services around NJ. I think the other papers that cover NJ's coastal communities, such as the Asbury Park Press, may be interested in such an effort.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
What time are they closing the bridge for the running event? Just wondering if I should get there before the closing to do some fishing. If not, maybe I hit the beach at CISP.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by RhinoScores:
What time are they closing the bridge for the running event? Just wondering if I should get there before the closing to do some fishing. If not, maybe I hit the beach at CISP.
I believe its between 8:30Am to 10Pm......

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just wanted to remind everyone that we will
be meeting at the Ocean City Welcome Center,
located on the right side of the causeway before
heading into Ocean City.. After discussing this
with a few people it was felt that it would
be a better stageing area to start our cleanup..

Then at that point I think it will be best
if we split up into groups and hit all the
bridges..Thats were the majority of the trash
accumlates..
So A groupe can hit Ships Channel Bridge (EastSide),Elbow Channel Bridge (East&West Sides)
Rainbow Channel Bridge (East&West Sides) and
the
(West Side) of Beach Channel(9th.st)Bridge..
And work our way everywhere inbetween along
the Causeway..Low Tide Is Right Around Our
Start Up Time So We Should Be Able To Hit
The Maximun Amount of Area's Near The Bridges...

I will be at the Welcome Center a little after
10AM when they open the Causeway Back UP To
Traffic...

I was also notified that a Rep.from The Atlantic
City Press will be present to cover what we
are doing and will take some pictures also.....

Sounds Like We Are Ready....

Looking Forward To Seeing Everyone Tomorrow...

Thanks,,

[ 11-05-2004, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
November 4, 2004

Drumfish catch weaves tangled tale at Corson?s Inlet
It's the time of the year for birds diving off the beaches, and lots of lures lost.

Bluefish up to 10 pounds are attacking bunker in the surf and out to 35 feet of water. There are some striped bass mixed in with them. And weakfish have joined the feeding table.

But the most interesting story of the week is a 60-pound drumfish caught in the surf at Corson Inlet. There is quite a tale to go with it. Antony Ayres and brother-in-law Paul Waters, both of King of Prussia, Pa., were participating in a company striper tournament Saturday at Corson.

Waters hooked into the big fish and fought it for about 10 minutes. Ayres, thinking he would help beach it, waded out to his chest to grab the fish, but the line wrapped around his waders and snapped.

Ayres said Waters was ready to kill him when Ayres' rod got a big hit. It took him 20 minutes to get the fish in close to the beach. Waters held the rod while Ayres tackled the fish. When they got it on the beach, they saw Waters' rig still hooked in the drum.

It gets better... Ayres had not hooked the fish, but caught the other rig.

I don't know who gets the credit, but anyway it weighed 60 pounds, 4 ounces at Fin-Atics in Ocean City.

Getting back to normal, it's 8-1 blues over stripers in some areas. Metal lures such as Hopkins, Castmasters, etc., are picking the blues.

Beach blitzes of blues feeding on bunker have been reported all up and down the beaches. Bunker are sometimes jumping onto the sand to get away from their attackers.

It can be exciting when bluefish pin the bait fish up against the beaches with gulls and gannets diving into the mix.. It gets more enjoyable when a few stripers are with them.

Weakfish join in the action in 35 feet of water.

Tony DiBatista got blues and stripers at the Great Egg Bell. Weakfish were in there, too. Jigging was the way to catch them all, according to Don Brown at Gifford Marine in Northfield.

A family outing headed by Edgar Horner of Linwood racked up 14 bass, 11 keepers, at The Rips off Cape May Tuesday. They were using spot as bait.

Frank Aquino of Ocean City caught a 24.6-pound striper from the 5th Street jetty in Ocean City.

It's much the same story around Townsend Inlet, reports Jim Moran at Moran's Dockside in Avalon. C.J. Polhamus got blues weighing 91/2 and 8 pounds at Stone Harbor.

Trolling bunker spoons and umbrella rigs is starting to take bass off Long Beach Island, according to Basil Shehady at Barnegat Light Bait and Tackle.

The Atlantic County/Atlantic City Surf Fishing Derby ended Sunday. Tony DeLuccia of Ventnor took the heaviest striped bass grand prize with a 27.71 pound catch. Evan Horner of Ventnor led weakfish with a 2.73-pound entry. Joe Tarsitano of Galloway Township caught an 8.6-pound tautog, Joe Franklin of Pine Hill got a 10.81 bluefish and Eric Gilcrest of Atlantic City caught a 1.4-pound kingfish to win overall grand prizes in those categories.

Pat Cooke of Brigantine (27-pound striper), Anthony Pitucci of Galloway Township (4.5-pound bluefish) and Rich Battaglia of Ventnor (5.35-pound tautog) took final-week honors.

Melissa Brown of Northfield won the Mabel 'Doc' Johnston Award for the heaviest fish by a female, a 17.73 striper.

Members of Bassbarn.com get together Saturday to clean up the Ocean City Causeway. The project, which starts 11 a.m. and ends 2 p.m., shows fishermen care about more than just fishing, and gives the Bassbarn folks a chance to meet each other.

The New Jersey Marine Fisheries Council has a regular meeting 4 p.m. today at the Galloway Township branch of the Atlantic County Library.

Mike Shepherd is sports editor of The Press. His Shep on Fishing column appears Thursday and Saturday.

Call (609) 272-7180, fax (609) 272-7191 or e-mail:

[email protected].

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Sorry I missed the detail you guys but I had to be a soccer dad from 10:00 to 12:00 today. Got home around 12:30 which was too late considering I have a 45 - 60 minute drive. I can't wait to fish that clean causeway!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts