BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't bother, water level is RIDICULOUSLY low, I kept getting stuck on stumps and my trolling motor hit bottom throughout the entire lake except where the small channel meets the dam. On top of all that, with the water being super-low, the green scum is out of control already. Spent 20 out of 40 minutes trying to get unstuck from stumps before I left.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
They're not suppose to lower the water level when fish are spawning, I'm pretty sure they needed a permit. I'm going to stop by the fish and game.

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
I was there on Sunday. I overheard one of the homeowners mention something about dam repair. The fishing was a little tough but I did manage three bass and three pickerel on soft plastics. The top end of the lake was a little sketchy with all the exposed stumps. Overall I did not really mind the low water.:D

·
Registered
161 Posts
Lake looked normal to me for the kids fishing tourney that was there last Saturday, which my son won for the most fish in his age group....:)

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I couldn't enjoy fishing there at all...the only place my trolling motor didn't stuck in the mud was near the dam area...in the back of the lake I couldn't even use my TM..it was in the mud the whole time, then the stumps....I spent more time pushing my boat off of stumps than casting.

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
Good News!!!! Water level is back to normal. Fishing sucked this past Sunday. I caught four small bass and two pickerel.

·
Registered
37 Posts
my dad and little brother were there sunday they caught a few and one was 19 1/2" 4.57lbs he said it was only a couple inches low

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea, I drove by the other day..almost gave it a shot but I decided on Clarks Pond instead....caught a 3.5lb'er and 2lb'er and a bunch of pickeral

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Its good that its back to normal, it sounds like there may be a generation of Bass wipedout. I did stop by the Fish and Game Office, to tell them about the water level,
I had to leave a message with the secretary.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts