BASS BARN banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I generally dislike the name of my boat as it was a compromise between 3 parties but has been reduced to just me. My fiancee also hates the name with a passion. She has proposed to change the name from Sea Spaniel to the Clam Slammer. I figure I will go through the formal ceremony to keep king neptune happy. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
Love the name!!!

i have always changed the names, I do it repsectfully and Mr. neptune doesn't mind. He is going to appreciate your humor and you will be fine.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
when you told me the other night i thought it was awesome change the name and lets get those decks bloody

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i guess since it seems to well recieved i will have to change it. Atleast this time I won't have to wetsand the basterd for 8hrs. If you ever have the chance to wetsand a 7ft x 1.25ft name of the stern of a boat, pass-in ron white's immortal words: i would rather sand paper the a$$hole of an alligator in a phone booth

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
That a smart man giving yousome real insight. Its bad Karma to not keep it somehwere on the boat. Might not want to bring bananas either when fishing.
we had a trip that a certain person (not the captn) brought them on the boat and to say it was a bad day is taking it easy on how the day turned out

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
That a smart man giving yousome real insight. Its bad Karma to not keep it somehwere on the boat. Might not want to bring bananas either when fishing.
I'm with Val and Josh. Make sure the old name is somewhere on the boat. Changing names is bad luck in general, keeping the name on the boat might be your loophole in the deal.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Bananas

they used to use the skins as skirts in the tropics and polynesian islands, as for me i'm not a very superstitious person but the name change thing I always respected that

·
Registered
359 Posts
If we are changing name of the boat .you say I should write the name somewhere in sharpy.should I also write the original name also.because the guy we bought the boat from im sure didn't do that.tommorrow I intend to do the denaming ceremony and would like to do it correctly.and to do it right should i be doing a denaming of the original name also or are we only responsible for the name that we removed???thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.