BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i forget what product it is that you refinish the hull with yellow/blue white whatever almost like a new gel coat? thanks

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Alexseal, Awlgrip and Imron... Alexseal might be hard to get. Awlgrip is readily available and so is Imron.

Those are the best three. Imron is slowly being phased out. Alexseal is supposed to be the hot ****!

Brian

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
why did the brightsides suck? did you roll tip it or spray it? I am getting ready to spray my boat with brightsides
Interlux Brightside is a single part polyurethane. I only used it once and probably wont touch it again. I think its generally a softer less durable coating. If you want to stay with Interlux, take a look at the Perfection. I have never used it, but have heard good results. I would try to stick with a 2 part paint...Perfection, Awlgrip, Imron, etc. For interiors, I have been using epoxies. They arent show pieces and can get a little yellow and maybe chalky, but are durable and easy to sand and repaint. Painting over polyurethane isnt a good idea.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.