BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a new flounder reel. Just wondering if i should go with the 1000 or 2000. I would also probably be using this reel for wreck fishing. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Joe D. said:
Looking for a new flounder reel. Just wondering if i should go with the 1000 or 2000. I would also probably be using this reel for wreck fishing. Any thoughts?
2000 is better. dosen't pay to be short.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
100 will suffice but widh I had the 2000 -more line capacity

·
Registered
275 Posts
Blynch said:
2000 is better. dosen't pay to be short.
It depends on where and what you might be fishing for and do you have other setups.

I have used the 2000 for 4 years and when I chose it I was fishing the reefs and wrecks out front in the summer and the Bay in the spring and fall for Cows and Drum. I like my smaller stuff for Flounder and Weakies in the Bay in the summer.

But I like the beef if I might run into something larger. Both reels are great but if you can only have one than bigger is better and make sure that you get the right rod for the reel.

Both cost the same so if you do any fall or spring fishing go for the 2000 so you are covered. Not as much fun as the light tackle but you won't hurt a big fish as much if you release it.

Mike

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
You can put like 500 yds of 30 lb power pro or 390 yds of 50 lb power pro on the 1000. How much line do you need. I have 5 charter 2000 with 40 mono on them. So maybe I have 150 yds on the rods. I have caught 50 lb bass and 90 lb drum and never come close to being spooled.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts