BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decide what kind of chart toget for a new chart plotter. Weare getting a Simrad NSE 12 inch chartplotter. There are two options for thecharts-C-Map or Navionics Platinum. We have used Navionics but there seems tobe some preference for C-Map. Not sure which is better with the Simrad NSE especially for the canyons. Any feedback would be very helpful.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I use C-Map in my Furuno NavNet 3d displays and my Simard NSS. I fish mostly the canyons and prefer the C-map to Navionics charts.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
The Navionics platinum have the fish n' chips layer which is pretty much the best batho charts I have seen for the NSE. I use the insight charts loaded for navigation and the fish n chips for fishing.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I use the embedded charts, they're pretty good with all the bathy lines. I'd use this first before blowing another 3-400$ for more charts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I prefer the loaded charts over the navionics. I would get the system and try the loaded charts before you go buying another chip.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
We use the Navionics Platinum in our NSE12. Couldn't be happier with the detail, especially with the built in "fish n chips" turned on. The navigation details are very close to the look of the NOAA Raster charts that display on our vintage Northstar chartplotter, but the bathymetrics are so much better!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
The Insight mapping is nice but it leaves you guessing a lot. The contour lines seem to be sparse when it comes to the DE Bay. I am hoping to get in the ocean this weekend and check it out. I am still buying the Navionics Platinum+ chip because the cartography and bath charts are amazing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts