BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
A wax ring for a toilet is basically the same thing and a lot cheaper. I bought the "stay afloat" and compared it to one and couldn't notice a difference.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Looks great in concept, I didn't see any true hydrostatic pressure leak like you would a foot or so under water though - I think the pressure would knock it off, from the outside... Maybe, inside under pressure ,true pressure, I'd like to see. Nice clip though, how do you get it off your hands after?

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
like the idea alot ..even if it just slows the leak it will save the day...I have some underwater epoxy sticks I would use if there was a problem

·
Banned
3,874 Posts
Looks great in concept, I didn't see any true hydrostatic pressure leak like you would a foot or so under water though - I think the pressure would knock it off, from the outside... Maybe, inside under pressure ,true pressure, I'd like to see. Nice clip though, how do you get it off your hands after?
Who cares? If your sinking, the last thing on your mind is going to be "how do I get this stuff off my hands"

And I agree on the pressure issue.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
We have some of this in the ditch bag as well. IF all else fails why not give it a shot. We also have a big nerf football and a big nerd like plug.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Came close to sinking at the chicken canyon last August. This would have helped.
We were taking on water from a seam which formed at the euro transom where it meets the hull.
Entire cabin and bilge were filled with water and bilge pump could not keep up.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Came close to sinking at the chicken canyon last August. This would have helped.
We were taking on water from a seam which formed at the euro transom where it meets the hull.
Entire cabin and bilge were filled with water and bilge pump could not keep up.

any advantage is better then no advantage

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I think the concept would be to get it on before you were a foot or so under already if you are that far gone all the other penetrations just above the water line are going to be taking on water so your s o l at that point!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Just ordered mine too...I'm going to have to get a second ditch bag with all the pointers you Barners give me for offshore safety:bow:

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
I carry a bunch of wooden dowels for this purpose, might as well have some of this stuff too!

Now...if only robert redford had the stuff in All is Lost!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts