BASS BARN banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went online to buy my NJ fish license. Before i could get my license, i had to fill out the quick child support certificate. It is fast but what is next? are they going to request the date i filed my taxes? are they going to make certain that my boat gas is actually boat gas and not truck gas so that they can get their tax monies for road repair or should i say that general fund?

it just seems that big brother is looking at us more and more. i understand the dead beat dad thing but what is going to happen when all these little things add up to no freedom at all?

if you plan on getting a license, expect some extra time in the process!

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I believe they have been doing that for years in PA. If you do not pay your child support you are not able to purchase a license. Not a half bad idea, however, I feel that a person who refuses to pay child supports would also refuse to abide by fishing regulations as well.

Ryanf

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
We've been doing that for a few years.

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
Just curious...how can one NOT pay child support? I guess its different in NJ because over here in Pa. it automatically comes out of my paycheck every week along with spousal support. Automatic payroll deduction...no say in the matter.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Rage, It came out of my check here in NJ. Like Bob says, it's the self employed that are harder to catch up with.

·
Registered
468 Posts
They do the same thing for your hunting license. I dont know about this state. It dont bother me Both my kids are paid for. I'm still married or dead something like that :}

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
The child support thing you fill out has been in affect in NJ for at least 3 years. It's formatted a little differently this year, though, with the certification number and all. But it's still all the same basic info as before.

I usually get the low # license (#4 baby!!) because I'm on a state board, but they said this will be the last year for that program, so I didn't bother this year. But the child support thing was something you had to fill out to get the license since at least 2002. Big bro, I don't really care. I don't have kids anyway. And they have all my info anyway.

Just wait until they come out with the new point-of-sale licenses in 2007. Mark my words, most people on here will have a fit ;) . You think it's bad now with big bro.... Though the new licenses themselves will be nice (Tyvek construction), like some other states.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
This could be the reason that alot of local Bait & Tackle Shops are no longer issuing licenses.I noticed a couple last year and again this year.
FishHeads in LBI comes to mine this year...

·
Registered
678 Posts
In my busness, when you go to buy or sell a home in Pa., a child support check must be done prior to settlement, and if you're in arrears it's no deal until you get caught up. It's pretty humourous when I have to check to make sure there's no back child support due when my sellers are 80 years old, but it's the law.

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
Yeah, always the man at fault. How about the authorities check into some of the crooked sh*t women pull when it comes to divorce and children. I better shut up now before I really start ranting. Don't worry I'll always take care of my kids no matter what.

·
Registered
259 Posts
THIS STATE SUCKS!!! It seems we are losing our individual freedoms daily in this state.Someone once said you get the government you deserve.
we better wake up soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts