BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Friday on private charter boat out of Solomons. Myself and 3 buddies headed out on a 24ft Parker Center Console around noon and headed north towards the CCNP. Within 10 min ran into a school of Blitizing Stripers/Blues. It was Mayhem. The stripers ranged between 17inches to 25 inches and the blues about 1lb each. We had Blitz conditions for over 6hrs straight and estimated catching 200-250 Stripers and about a dozen Blues. They hit Bass Assassins from 5in to 10inch any color and any type of Top Water popper you could throw. We were using Smack IT 4 inch poppers and Pencil Poppers. If your into light tackle its a great time. I had some friends that dont fish too much and they were Pros by the end of the day. Heading back down in 2 weeks for more.

·
Registered
481 Posts
That's good to hear. I'm heading down to St. Michaels this weekend and was wondering about reports down there. I haven't set up a charter though, was planning on wading in somewhere...

·
Registered
32,444 Posts
Walleye Pete's one of the best light tackle guys on the Chessie - IMO. You can still catch plenty of stripers in shallow water. If you can find a creek or river mouth, fish the points around them. Anything that you would consider a sod bank up here will hold them on a moving tide. We used to slay them down near Crisfield on Mr. Twisters and bucktails by casting towards grassy points. We'd also catch a mess at high tide just bottom fishing with bloodworms.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, known Pete for quite a few years. He is flat out the best guide I 've seen down that way -

1 - 7 of 7 Posts