BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not by me but younger bro wacked em today C&R in the other dirty pond. Check www.tidalfish.com for more info.

I've got a trip scheduled with him 4/19,either jiggin or trollin.

·
Registered
32,487 Posts
Tidalfish.com, huh? I've been a member there since two name-changes ago :D . My in-laws lived on the Chesapeake and I fished there all the time. They just sold the house on Monday :( so I'm kind of done with the Chesapeake now. Ask those guys what they're paying for soft crabs and blood worms and it will probably make you sick ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
where is the report,didn't see anybody's post that was any good,must of them are skunk reports,would like to see a good report from the flats..

·
Registered
32,487 Posts
A lot of those guys fish the rips this time of year. I think that's the warm water discharge from the Calvert Cliffs Nuke Plant. Those Bass Assassins are very popular with the Chessie boys. Later in the year, when the weakies (trayt) move in, they jig the Bass Assassins using Fireline, Powerpro, etc...They call it LTJ (light tackle jigging). It works well here, too.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I never posted a report on tidalfish.....there are enough reports at the so-called rips. It is basically fishing the warm water discharge at a power plant. (between solomons and Chesapeake beach) We managed 2 nice fish (34-35 inches) and the rest were dinks to in the mid 20' inches. I fished mostly 7" BA's on an 1 oz owner head....however my partner did connect on a nice fish with a 10" BKD (Bass Kandy Delight). The water temp at the "pipe" was in the high 50's and it gradually got colder futher out the "plume". Nicest fish were taken in 49 degree area of the discharge. Very minimal action near the bottom was good....about 50 fish between 2 of us in a few hours...not bad for waking up at 5.....I hope they are still there when my brother (spooled) comes down..........as long as the water stays cold...its a good bet

·
Registered
12,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Old Hat you will get in trouble now about posting SPOTS. Hip please give this exvinelander a break.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts