BASS BARN banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the bridge this morning with no results then hit deep point with no results and tried to make it to the inlet with my 16' grumman and that was not happening, I had waves comin over the front of the boat! I gave her hell today! Drifted eels and anchored up with clams and chunked, nothing and everyone that passed caught nothing or at least thats what they said. I did hit a big piece of wood in the water that had some nice size nails in it looked like a piece of dock or something scared the crap out of me. Did anyone else fish this area? Any advice? This is my first year of striper fishing by myself usually take charters in cape may. Is it still to early for this area?

·
Registered
897 Posts
its hit or miss for me.last week caught 8 stripers from land and last night chunking clams from my boat i caught ca-ca except for a few skates.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
It's sure been a hit or miss sort of season for us here in Great bay/LEI. We've gone out and set up and had 7 fish in the boat. We've gone out the very next day, same set up, and caught squat.

On Friday morning we set up in some white water outside the Inlet. Had a great time, boated 5 fish to 40 inches. Came back Friday afternoon same place, same bait, and caught 9 skates.

I've found the last two hours of the rising tide to be much more productive than the falling tide so far, so that's what I'm going to focus on. Of course as soon as I abandon the fall, it'll turn on!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.