BASS BARN banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

My old chest waders have a slight leak and am thinking of getting a new pair. I want boot waders and I fish Delco streams about 7 or 8 times each spring so I don't want high dollar, but not elcheapo one season ones either. Any ideas on boot chest waders?

Thanks, ron

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looked at them too. have to check the shipping cost.

consiered Bean too, but they are more even with free shipping.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
See if they have the LL Bean flyweights in the new KOP Mall store, or step up to the Emergers for about 150 bucks. They guarantee them for life, no questions asked. Under 100 bucks for the flyweights, and if you save your receipt, they will take them back and give you a new pair or the money you originaly spent towards a different pair forever. No lie, I have been doing this for 20 years!! They must have me on a list somewhere! But I guess they make a few dollars on me when they introduce updated models or I trade up.

I returned two pairs of waders this winter that I had for 5 years, and I used the original costs towards two pairs of Emergers 2, one in bootfoot for the surf and one stocking foot for streams and rivers. Cost me a bout 25 bucks for both because I used an email coupon for 15% off too, and even though the ones I returned were the old models. Save your receipt and you always get the original cash value, plus tax back.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
What kind of waders are good for colder water? I would want to wear them in early Spring for trout and Fall/Winter in the surf.

When the water's warmer, I just wade in shorts.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
See if they have the LL Bean flyweights in the new KOP Mall store, or step up to the Emergers for about 150 bucks. They guarantee them for life, no questions asked. Under 100 bucks for the flyweights, and if you save your receipt, they will take them back and give you a new pair or the money you originaly spent towards a different pair forever. No lie, I have been doing this for 20 years!! They must have me on a list somewhere! But I guess they make a few dollars on me when they introduce updated models or I trade up.

I returned two pairs of waders this winter that I had for 5 years, and I used the original costs towards two pairs of Emergers 2, one in bootfoot for the surf and one stocking foot for streams and rivers. Cost me a bout 25 bucks for both because I used an email coupon for 15% off too, and even though the ones I returned were the old models. Save your receipt and you always get the original cash value, plus tax back.
I'll have to check out KOP. From what I saw online, the flyweights are only shown in stocking foot. I would be willing to pay more for the guarantee for the emerger 2 if I need to.

Thanks for the input, will look into KOP.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I'll have to check out KOP. From what I saw online, the flyweights are only shown in stocking foot. I would be willing to pay more for the guarantee for the emerger 2 if I need to.

Thanks for the input, will look into KOP.
The llbean waders are available in the marlton nj store for sure (that's where I bought mine)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts