BASS BARN banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
three rounds. 1 crab. put the traps away. I'm done for the year crabbin. Bring on them stripers now.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
we went sunday down here in south jersey around absecon. we got just over a bushel of keepers.we had 32 regular box traps.me and my son. not a great day but for oct , not bad.usally we catch in 1-2 feet of water , but sunday we did better in 3-4 ft. it was rough and wet , did i mention cold. we crabbed for 5 hours .we have enough bait for one more treip. then it will be striper and rabbit hunting time. this weekend and then our traps will be put to rest for the year. brown bob

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds pretty good. 1-2 ft huh? pretty shallow.. down on the chester most traps are put in 6-12' deep. of course as the sun gets bright or the water colder they do seem to move to deeper water. never heard of crabbin in 1-2'
learn somethin new everyday around here

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
when the water is clear and flat we can see the crabs in the trap as we drift up to it to pull in the bottle. in the past few years we caught as many as 2 bushel keepers in a little over 2 hours.this year was not our best season but we did ok.i very rarely do any good over 4 ft deep.have not had any luck that deep.see what happens this weekend.can use a few more in the freezer. brown bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts