BASS BARN banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if the docks are in at the Chester ramp at the end of Flower st.?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Seems like they never get them in till mothers day... hey bull how do you like your alsakan lund ?? I have been looking at those... Nice and deep aren't they?

·
Registered
493 Posts
They were not in as of Sunday. They are sitting under the bridge still. Not too bad putting in without the docks but you need a buddy to back the truck.

·
Registered
14,604 Posts
As of today Tues. they are not in yet. I work a few blocks away so I will post as soon as they are in.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
They were late last year too. The ramp is owned by the DRPA, but the floaters are installed by PA Fish and Boat Comm. What I did last year, was email some state reps and senators. Shortly there after the floaters were in.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bluefish024 said:
Seems like they never get them in till mothers day... hey bull how do you like your alsakan lund ?? I have been looking at those... Nice and deep aren't they?
Love that boat. The only thing is, yes the hull is nice and deep but the floor inside is set up a little high. I think they dropped it down lower on the new models, I've been looking at them myself. It has a great ride in choppy water. I think my next one is going to be the same thing except a tiller motor instead of side console. It has the green sides on it, if you see me on the river south of the Barry bridge striper fishin, stop by and say hello.:D

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Steve Wdz said:
As of today Tues. they are not in yet. I work a few blocks away so I will post as soon as they are in.
Thanks Steve, keep us posted.

·
Registered
72 Posts
So how hard is it to launch there without the floating docks? The piers seem really high up off the water to be able to launch easily. I was thinking about going there this weekend to lauch, but now I'm not so sure. Are there any close alternatives?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Ridley Marina does not open until 10:00 am if you don't have a season pass. Chester is your only option if you want to get out early to catch a tide. In the past you could launch anytime and pay when you came back. :confused:

If the tide is high a person can actually get in a boat from the fixed bulkhead/dock. Only about 3 feet. Other that that you will need to have use the 2 man approach. 1 in the boat and 1 backing the truck in. After launch the truck man parks the truch and you get close to the ramp and he/she jumps in. Same in reverse. I have a keel guard on my old fiberglass boat and have had no issues with any dings. In fact have not even touched the bottom when my buddy is getting in and out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts