BASS BARN banner

Chester river MD crab report 10/2/04 with pics

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  striper2278 
#1 ·
Truly outstanding crabbin. 2 full bushel all over 6". Lots of Double header keepers. 1 throwback that was under 6". a few over 9"!!! most 7-8". 8-10'deep. necks as usual. box traps as usual. 20 traps in the water at 6 am. limited by noon. 10-15 crabs per round. AND GET THIS.....not one female all day. As crabbers on the eastern shore MD know.....when the males disappear and the females become more percentage wise then she's about done for the year. So with no females showing up this may kick on for a few more weeks. Best crabbin of the year for us.........I'll hit em again this week coming. Stuffin the freezer. I feel like a squirrel :D
Trees are changing on the river and its real pretty :cool:

Here's the catch

A nice one

A 1/2 bushel ready for the freezer...

The fruits of the labor....and it don't
get much better than this. Beer, crabs, hot dippin juice, and the remote! :D

Going for another batch this week before strippers .....uh...um. ;) ..I mean stripers kick in.

Max(the other WETDREAM)

[ 10-03-2004, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: WETDREAM ]

See less See more
#2 ·
Oh...almost forgot.....A first that never happened before....we pulled one trap that had a nice keeper in it with NO BAIT. I assume it fell out on the way up but it looked like he wanted us to rebait and put him back down. Maybe I'll try baitless or artificial rubber chicken necks :D

#6 ·
WetDream,

Again, Great Report and OutStanding Pictures...

Congrats, on another great day on the water...

Thanks,,,

#8 ·
b.bob....rememeber when ay bring em out put about a doz in a full pot of boiling water with your favorite spices. Put the frozen crabs in ...do not thaw...after the boil returns give a few more minutes 5 - 8 min then plac upside down to drain a few min and eat. I think I have enough for the winter. 4 bushels frozen up.

Shorehooks.....been keeping a close eye on the traps. but haven't had any problems with people picking em up. There's a lot less boats out lately.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.