BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nasty in the rips this AM not a bite at Prissy. Moved out to Overfalls around 10:15 and broke out the "CHICKEN BREAST". BOOYAAA...hooked up three bass in 20 mins. Two fish @ 36" and one 29" fish. Again...same as last week, only today we used all chicken breast bait.

Now I know some of you experts are going to mock me/us again.....so go ahead and have fun. We'll just continue to catch bass on breast.

For those believers that gave it a try I'd love to hear how you did.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by johnny d:
Are you marinating the chicken breast in shedder oil or bunker oil? Did the chicken breast out fish clam?
JD,

We've only used bunker oil so far. Planned on using clam juice yesterday but did not get any. We'll give it a try next week.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by justadandy:
I use chicken breast in the Big Pond, but the dang weakfish and croakers won't leave it alone!!
Haven't used it in the bay yet but I could see that being a problem. Maybe you could try using larger cuts. Good luck!

·
Registered
386 Posts
I've found if you bread it and put tomatoe sauce on it you do much better. Sauce seems to attract the fish similar to a blood trail. I haven't found a way to keep the cheese from falling off.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
I use the chicken's alive it seems that they can beat up on the smaller fish, it's just tough getting the feathers out of the fillets.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by saltydawg:
I've found if you bread it and put tomatoe sauce on it you do much better. Sauce seems to attract the fish similar to a blood trail. I haven't found a way to keep the cheese from falling off.
Saltydawg,

Instead of being such a funny guy, try reading the dictionary and learn how to spell TOMATO! BTW what did you catch yesterday? Probably don't own a boat do ya?

Main Entry: to·ma·to
Pronunciation: t&-'mA-(")tO; chiefly British, eastern New England, northeastern Virginia, and sometimes elsewhere in cultivated speech -'må- or -'mä-; chiefly Northern -'ma-
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -toes
Etymology: alteration of earlier tomate, from Spanish, from Nahuatl tomatl
Date: 1604
1 : the usually large rounded typically red or yellow pulpy berry of a tomato
2 : any of a genus (Lycopersicon) of So. American herbs of the nightshade family; especially : one (L. lycopersicum syn. L. esculentum) that is more or less perennial in its native habitat but is widely cultivated as an annual for its edible fruit

Pronunciation Key

© 2001 by Merriam-Webster, Incorporated
Merriam-Webster Privacy Policy

·
Registered
98 Posts
Originally posted by Brian E. Mullaney:
i do - several times - ambidextreeious i be :D
Thats am·bi·dex·trous
1. Able to use both hands with equal facility.
2. Unusually skillful; adroit.
3. Deceptive or hypocritical.
I use both hand at the same time, I have to my chickens are huge! :eek:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Guys,

Last post on this topic. I was just trying to help guys catch some fish with something I had good success with. By no means am I an expert fisherman but I do have a lot of years of expierence. One thing I have learned is to listen to anyone that is willing to share information regarding fishing...especially local waters. I have learned so much here on TBB by lots of guys that shared info. that I wanted to return the favor.

To the guys that responded positively email me anytime and I'll respond to you if you have any questions and thanks for your support.
To the wise guys and experts, good luck fishing and be safe on the water.

[ 11-14-2005, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: Jacko ]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts