BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone knows who makes a mold for the fluke chrome balls.
Tried Do-it and Hilts and came up empty.
Anyone?
Thanks

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
I don't know if the fluke chrome balls you are talking about are the same as the tap dancer rigs but if they are I just adapted the ball sinker mold to make them.

Dave Isanski

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
They are very similar Reel-ality only diff is the chrome ball rigs are chrome where as the tap dancer comes in colors! And adds the always popular top hook to the rig!

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sea robbin,
I'll have 'em chrome plated at a plating company.
Reel-ality and BottomBouncer,
what the heck is a tapdancer rig?!!!

·
Banned
9,261 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Reel-ality and BottomBouncer, I'm with Sudsrat, Just what is a tapdancer rig?

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Tap dancer rig is sold at local tackle shops! It is basically a chrome ball setup but the ball aint chrome it is available in colors like White, Chartruse (sp?) yellow and maybe a few others. It comes with a leader and a top hook all set up and ready to fish! So basically it is a chrome ball that aint chrome with a top dropper hook! Hope that explanation made a little bit of sense!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Thanks BB, I get it now. Your explained it well.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I used a do-it mold and carefuly drilled out a second pit for the second eye. works great! made about fifty last winter and they have been working great, so far the white ball has worked best!

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys.
Agita,which Do-it mold did you use?

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Agita, that's basically what I did and then added the bake on finish. However I found the green working better for me. I make mine in 2 oz. and 4 oz.

Dave Isanski

1 - 16 of 16 Posts