BASS BARN banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fished CISP today from 6:15 am to 9:30 am. High tide was at 6:55 am. There was a lot of splashing, particularly just before sun up but it took me awhile to find out what they would bite. Finally started using a small silver/black Chug Bug and ended up catching 2 stripers of 16" and 22". I must have had 10 other strikes without hooking up but it was fun watching those stripers chase that plug. I did lose a teaser fly so I guess the blues were around too. One bad thing was that the second striper had the tail hook way down into it's gills and I doubt that it will live. It's a damn shame to just let him go to die. I rarely keep fish but I think it's a waste to let a severely bleeding fish go. My luck would be that I would keep it and get caught. I kind of had a rough and hectic week and my wife told me last night that she hoped I would find my personality down the shore this AM. I'm smiling now so I guess I found it!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
My friends, Ken and Ben and I were also out in out yaks at Corson's Sunday morning. A real mixed bag, Sea Bass, Porgy, Sand Shark, Sea Robbin, lots of Blues, a keeper Weakie and a Speckled Trout.

Lots of small fish splashing about and one big splash when Ken fell out of his yak.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Librarian; were you on the bay side of the Rush Chattim bridge? i saw three yakkers fishing along the Ocean City side, one was a Hobie Outback and I think one was flying a skull and crossbones flag. I was envious of the yakkers! I have ordered a new Tarpon 140 but it won't be in for another week or two. I was along the Strathmere side of the inlet. How big was the trout?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yeah, that was us. I was in the Hobie, Ben was the pirate and Ken was the wet one.

I think the weakie was about 16 and the speck was about 18.

See ya out there when you get your Tarpon.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Has anyone been fishing the ocean side?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts