BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is junk.

I like to throw really loose. (brakes and spool tension are for people who don't know what they're doing :D) when I loosen spool tension knob it is so close to the drag star that I can't turn the handle? is curado 200 the same way?

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have my Citica set up pretty loose and I don't have any problems with it.
this is what cmpstriper told me also. do you have righty or lefty? No lie I have the knob set right in the middle and the drag star grinds against the knob and makes aweful noise. any "looser" and I can't even crank the reel.

and fish devil at this point I am regretting not going with quantum or daiwa. I already hated having to get the citica because the curado didn't have appropriate gear ratio.

·
Registered
138 Posts
is junk.

I like to throw really loose. (brakes and spool tension are for people who don't know what they're doing :D) when I loosen spool tension knob it is so close to the drag star that I can't turn the handle? is curado 200 the same way?

Have you tried pulling the PIN's up, that are inside the removable side plate. I have a Citica and started to have a similiar problem, and fine Barner pointed me in the right. You pull them up (only about 1/8") and I beleive there are about 6 to 8 of them if you pull all 8 up you will minimum brake.

I think it was Clamboni who straighted me out. search the site with the search word Citica and I am sure you will find it.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
this is what cmpstriper told me also. do you have righty or lefty? No lie I have the knob set right in the middle and the drag star grinds against the knob and makes aweful noise. any "looser" and I can't even crank the reel.

and fish devil at this point I am regretting not going with quantum or daiwa. I already hated having to get the citica because the curado didn't have appropriate gear ratio.
I have a lefty.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.