BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
upstate,
I am assuming you will still get out and either tread or rake them? Would you have a place to store a few clams? As long as you are recreational clamming (150 clams max) I can't see why you couldn't do it.

I have a place in strathmere that I go that is very close to a boat ramp. We use the rakes that I sell and only have to go about 1/2 mile from the ramp to the sandbar.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Margartitaville
I never have clammed before. I guess I will rake them. My partner is my 9 year old daughter so really long paddles could be a problem. The kayak does have plenty of storage area so I don't think that would be a problem. If we both enjoy it I will give you a call to invest in a good rake,from looking at yours they do look to be of good quality.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
BUMP !!!

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
treading might even be easier because you could rest your elbows on the yak as you tread slowly pushing the yak alond sideways. Dont forget the recreational license. I ran into a guy last week clamming off a jet ski in somerspoint. He had 3 sacks full and a comercial license.
bsrrell

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
My little cousin and I have clammed many times out of our kayaks. We beach them on the sand bars in Ocean City and clam until we have what we need. Then we'll go catch some flounder and have a feast for dinner!!!

Hope ya get some

Ryan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.