BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

A whole lot more wind than I saw on any forecast, but the fish are still there. We boated about 35 fish and were able to keep 10. Six good sized slots mostly just shy of 28" and 4 fish over 34". One on a live Herring the rest on Clam. Not the really Big'uns but very respectable fish and a blast to catch on that light spinning tackle. As many "tweeners" as shorts, with a few slots to throw back after filling that quota. The bulk of the action was from 9am til 1pm. It was a steady pick with a few flurries. It was good fishing with you guys even if you did make me wear my fart-proof coveralls!

[ 04-12-2005, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: bunker head ]

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Hey Barry,
Great fishing with you once again! We're really making a habit of this! :D :D BTW, Barry you forgot to mention that you were high hook of the day!!!!

We had a great crew out there today, paul708 and his buddy, bunker head, me and last but not least Ron Redington himself! Ron took some pictures that I'm sure he'll post for you all to see!

[ 04-11-2005, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: Striper101 ]

·
Registered
6,910 Posts
Congrats Fella's! thanx for the call Paul , i wish i could have made it but that thing called "work" got in the way. i was thinkin of ya guys! glad ya nailed em'! glad to hear barry didnt make anyone gag!

Nick

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
Great trip. barry was on fire in the corner.its not easy seeing those "tweeners"of 32-33 1/2" getting thrown back,but it was agreat day of fishing,and the boat it handled the bay with no problem,we were cruising mid 30's i think i saw the meter over 50+knots at one point.Timmy thanks again,paul,ron,barry nice fishing with you.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Striper101:
Hey Barry,
Barry you forgot to mention that you were high hook of the day!!!!

Well, You know I don't like to toot my own horn. Hey wait , yes I do, its just everyone around me that gets bent out of shape when I do. Fortunately for you guys the wind yesterday was blowing harder than even I could.

·
Premium Member
18,100 Posts
I had a blast guys! As usual, despite adverse weather conditions, captain Tim pulled yet another rabbit out of his hat
Here we are bobbing around on the bay with a steady 30kt blow whipping the water up into a giant mud puddle and all Timmy can say is "don't worry guys! We're gonna get'em!". And get'em we did!

The hardest part about catching fish yeaterday (for me at least) was attempting to get the bass to take my bait instead of Barry's aka "Bunkerhead". I gotta tell ya...Paul aka, "striper101" broke the ice but it was Bary who continued to be on fire throughout the day!

What a great group of people to fish with! I hope to get a chance to do it again soon. Thanx for the hookup Paul
And Timmy...what can I say my friend...ya did it again
Thank you!

Now...Does anyone know where I can buy a 38' Fountain with tripple 275hp Verado's...cheap ;) What an amazing boat!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Ron Redington:

The hardest part about catching fish yeaterday (for me at least) was attempting to get the bass to take my bait instead of Barry's aka "Bunkerhead". I gotta tell ya...Paul aka, "striper101" broke the ice but it was Bary who continued to be on fire throughout the day!

Aw shucks, Twarn't nothin. You guys are makeing me blush. If you really feel like being humbled Invite Drew, my youngest monster, she can even impress Timmy.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by Ron Redington:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Striper101:
Anyway Barry was hogging the whole back of the boat! :D ;) ;) :D
Barry OWNS the back of the boat ;) </font>[/QUOTE]Now, now, I just happen to have a little more reach than the average fisherman. I also know when not to fish away from the boat. You can't fish if you are untangleing lines.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.