BASS BARN banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a special charter today that was set up by Brian from Free Spool sportfishing. I had 10 year old Ryan & his Mom onboard today to catch him his first Striper. I'm not sure of all the details about him so I'm hoping Brain will fill you all in of the special circumstances. I took him to the rips first and after about an hour the tide started to move and Ryan had his first hookup! Took him a little while boat the 22 lb Bass and 3 drifts later he hooked up again this time landing a nice 16 lb Bass. Then I got a call that Chuck got some fresh bunker in & Matt Unsworth was kind enough to meet me in the Bay with it. So we set up on the hook and starting chunking & it only took about 45 mins and Ryan landed another Bass that pulled the boga down to 35 lbs. Then another 20 mins went by and another rod goes off and Ryan landed his last fish of the day that pulled it doen to just under 40 lbs! Ryan, it was a pleasure having you out there today! You did a great job!
I'lso just got the word that Mike from Coastal will be doing a mount of the 39 lb+ Bass!
Brian,
I appreciate all your help today!

Below are some pictures taken back at the dock. There were some taken on the boat today also & I hope I can get them via email.

Here's Ryan with the two biggest fish he caught!

PS. Timmy also had a charter today that I'll post the report & pics in the morning. I'm a little tired right now.

[ 05-17-2006, 12:19 AM: Message edited by: Striper101 ]

·
Registered
589 Posts
12:18 am ????? Don't you sleep...LoL....or did timmy have you up rigging.

Anyway, yes it was a wonderful day on the bay, not only did Ryan catch his first Striper, Brian got to see all timmys, special spots :D :D :D :D :D , but for some reason can't remember any of them today,anyway I will be giving a full report of Ryan special trip to new jersey from michigan, but we still have more catching to do this week, so when Ryans week is over I will be giving a full report and the well deserved thanks to all that made this week happen for Ryan and his family.

Paul and Timmy thanks guys!!!!!!

Ohhhh and paul you need to learn how to cut bunker the kid will be in therapy for the next year seeing that. ;) ;) ;)

Its all bout the bait brother, all about the bait!!!

Thanks Chuck and Mary(OFF THE HOOK), bait was so fresh I thoughtI saw one kick in the bucket.

[ 05-17-2006, 06:42 AM: Message edited by: ChristyBM ]

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
GREAT JOB MEN, IM SURE THERE IS SOME SORT OF TOUCHY STORY BEHIND THIS YOUNG MAN AND HIS FIRST STRIPER. IF SO YOU GUYS SHOULD HAVE THAT PERSONAL GREAT FEELING GOIN ON INSIDE. KEEP AT IT AND LOOKING FORWARDTO SEEING YOU GUYS IN THE DEEP..
DAVE

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by SNAKE EYES:
GREAT JOB MEN, IM SURE THERE IS SOME SORT OF TOUCHY STORY BEHIND THIS YOUNG MAN AND HIS FIRST STRIPER. IF SO YOU GUYS SHOULD HAVE THAT PERSONAL GREAT FEELING GOIN ON INSIDE. KEEP AT IT AND LOOKING FORWARDTO SEEING YOU GUYS IN THE DEEP..
DAVE
Dave,
There is and I'm going to let Capt Brian tell the rest of the story. He has Ryan the rest of the week and will post the whole reason why and how he made out. I hd a great time getting Ryan his first Striped Bass. The look on his face when he landed the big one was amazing!

Thanks Twin! I'm still smiling!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Ryan,

Congratulations to you, great accomplishment. Many of us have caught thousands of bass and have never, ever caught fish like that, myself included.

Your a special kid, all the best to you always.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Paul,way to go Man ! thats what its all about,and Ryan congrats on your first striped bass,and on cathching some really big ones !!!anothr Kid hooked for life im sure !!!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Think playing with the minnow trap back at the house and feeding the seagulls excited him just as much as the big bass. Off to buarer's pond tomorrow to catch BUBBA. Thanks Joe for opening the pond up it should be a pretty cool day.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by ChristyBM:
Off to buarer's pond tomorrow to catch BUBBA.
Brian,
Call me today while your there and let me know how Ryan is making out!

[ 05-18-2006, 07:56 AM: Message edited by: Striper101 ]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts