BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Capt Jason & I took out Pete,Scott,Jim,Joe & Bob it was a Bachelor party trip for Bob. So we headed up the Bay for some chunking. It started a little slow then we had a good flurry. It took the guys a while to learn how to hook them so we did have several bites with severel swings and misses but they did manage to land 5 nice Stripers ranging from 22 lbs to 40 lbs. And the Bachelor Bob did get the biggest fish! Congrats Bob!

I'm off to bed! I'm beat!

Here's Bob fighting the big one, it's a wonder he landed it! ;) :D ;)

Here's Bob after he landed it, which took about 20 mins or more!

Here's Pete with a nice one! Pete, you have to smile more!

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Brian E. Mullaney:
Congrats Batchelor Bob! Those smiles are greeat!!!!
Bri, They had a blast out there!

[ 05-07-2006, 12:10 AM: Message edited by: Striper101 ]

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bob looks like he is on the honeymoon with that striper. Nice job all I did at my bachelor party was rub up against some tuna.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Doggie Toss:
Bob looks like he is on the honeymoon with that striper. Nice job all I did at my bachelor party was rub up against some tuna.
Welcome to the Barn!
I know where your coming from there! :D ;)

·
Registered
7,875 Posts
Nice job putting your group on good fish on a day when most were having a hard time finding any stripers. They all looked pretty happy.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by CapeMayRay:
Nice job putting your group on good fish on a day when most were having a hard time finding any stripers. They all looked pretty happy.
Ray,
Thanks!
We really had about 12 good runs that didn't get the hook stuck.
They all had a great time!
That big girl was spawned out also. So that may be a good sign.

[ 05-07-2006, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: Striper101 ]

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Nice job! Did he really land that big one holding the rod upside down and reeling backwards? Too funny.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by Fluka Brasi:
Nice job! Did he really land that big one holding the rod upside down and reeling backwards? Too funny.
It was the funniest thing I ever saw! :D We finally made him turn the rod over about 10 mins into the fight and he says "wow this is easier"

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Paul, I think you had one happy group yesterday! They stopped in this morning and Bob's face still had the smile on it!

Here's another pic from one of the other guys on the boat (sorry didn't get his name).

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Yo, you have to teach him how not to reel in a striper like a shoobie. :D :D

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by finally:
We finally talked him into turning it over the right way and he says " Wow that's a lot easier " :D

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Originally posted by Striper101:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by finally:
We finally talked him into turning it over the right way and he says " Wow that's a lot easier " :D </font>[/QUOTE]It used to crack me up as a kid fishing off the bulkhead in NW seeing so many city people using a reel like that.

·
Registered
8,087 Posts
I think that picture of the gentleman I believe Bob is his name, should be on the homepage picture, that tells it all right there, he is so pumped, excited happy whatever to be holding that beast, the bear hug tells all, awesome picture and good catch.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by capemaychef:
I think that picture of the gentleman I believe Bob is his name, should be on the homepage picture, that tells it all right there, he is so pumped, excited happy whatever to be holding that beast, the bear hug tells all, awesome picture and good catch.
That's a great idea! (RON?) Yea he was so pumped after he landed that fish! I feel bad for the guys with him, they won't hear the end of that one till the next time they're out. LOL!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts