BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Timmy & I had Nick Cardone and a co-worker, Leon & his father, Barry Groswith & Bill Ryan aboard today for a day of chunking for BFT! When we finally got there we marked fish right away! Once we got set up on the hook Timmy started to set lines while I put a jig on and tried to hook up right away and after 10 minutes or so it was game on! (I know we had a couple guys on today that never caught a Tuna before so we popped a couple cherries today!) Bill took on the battle and landed a nice little 29 lb bluefin. Then we had a bait rod go off and it was screaming line!!! After about 15 mins it bit through the leader! We marked fish all day but it was tough trying to get through the Bluefish. Then around 11 another deep bait rod went off and the guys took turns on this one to give everyone a shot at reeling it in! 20 mins. latyer we landed a nice 80+ lb Bluefin! Then the bluefish invaded us again for a little while, then I hooked another one with the jig around 12:30 and Barry took this one and landed it in no time flat. This one tipped the scale at 80+ they must have been twins! No more bites after the tide changed so we pulled the hook and headed back in and were back at the dock by 3:00 The guys had a great time & they were a pleasure to have aboard!
Below are some pictures I took from the trip!

Here's Leon!

Here's Nick & Leon!

Here's everyone back at the dock!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Am I that tiny or is Leon that big! LOL!:D

The tuna trip was worth the wait! Capt worked his arse off. i dont think have ever seen anyone tie and re-tie and just keep going and going to find the fish.
Paul, I got your messege....no problem.;)
Great crew and a great day.

Nick

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LBI SurfRat said:

The tuna trip was worth the wait! Capt worked his arse off. i dont think have ever seen anyone tie and re-tie and just keep going and going to find the fish.
Paul, I got your messege....no problem.;)
Great crew and a great day.

Nick
Leon's that big!
That's why Timmy is so much fun to fish with! He'll make sure you get your days worth! Even if your tired and want to go in! I think he likes to punish the charter sometimes! :D ;)

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Congrats to Cappy and crews.

Paul- we're looking forward to Monday!!!!!;)

·
Registered
448 Posts
LBI SurfRat said:

You just look small because you're holding the big end of the fish. You are big in a lot of ways. PUTTING THIS TRIP TOGETHER: HUGE!!!

I liked all you guys and hope to see you give it another try. 3 fish to the boat on the CLEAN SWEEP is almost a skunk in my experience!!!! Timmy works harder than any: Captain, Mate, or hand you will ever experience.
I was glad to see everybody handle a tuna, but next time you won't get off that easy. EVERYBODY MUST LAND FISH!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts