BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to Phillies spring training in Clearwater, Fla from march 23-28 and would like to do a little fishing while I'm down there. Anybody have a recommendation for either a charter boat or a reliable party boat that can put me on some fish?

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
I'm going to Phillies spring training in Clearwater, Fla from march 23-28 and would like to do a little fishing while I'm down there. Anybody have a recommendation for either a charter boat or a reliable party boat that can put me on some fish?
You should check out Johns Pass , Clearwater has a Fishing pier, also the Gandy Bridge has a catwalk that stetches a good way into the bay. I've caught black drum, trout, permit, redfish, mangrove snapper, and cobia off that catwalk when I Lived there.

That was quite a few years ago. Would like to know if you caan still fish that catwalk. You can also fish the 60 causway , wade the flats, doesn't cost anything to do thid type of fishing. Just the cost of bait , live shrimp.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I'm going to be down there too at the same time frame. What kind of fishing are you looking to do? Bay/flats or are you looking to head into the gulf? Johns Pass is a good place to to for charters/etc. I'm going to be fishing with Capt. Woody Gore while I'm there. Taking the kids out for reds/trout/sheepshead and whatever else is available.

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
I'm going to be down there too at the same time frame. What kind of fishing are you looking to do? Bay/flats or are you looking to head into the gulf? Johns Pass is a good place to to for charters/etc. I'm going to be fishing with Capt. Woody Gore while I'm there. Taking the kids out for reds/trout/sheepshead and whatever else is available.
Forgot about the sheepheads, used to fish the ST. Pete Pier for them , you could watch some monsters lumbering around the pilings there, sometimes you could see them just lumbering around your sandflea right in front of their face. They wouldn't touch it.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Forgot about the sheepheads, used to fish the ST. Pete Pier for them , you could watch some monsters lumbering around the pilings there, sometimes you could see them just lumbering around your sandflea right in front of their face. They wouldn't touch it.
They are some weary "bastages"! There is this one rockpile (Tampa Bay) that if the wind is right we'll be able to get into some serious sheepshead business! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Dane Karcher...

http://www.gulfbeachesfishing.com/

These guys are the real deal ,trust me. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sheepshead Mike?.....blah..:thumbsdown::thumbsdown: Go bridge boucin for reds..:thumbsup::thumbsup: My cousin caught 25 last monday by the skyway...or go with Dane for topwater AJ's on the light spins...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
560 Posts
Matt, The kids want to fish and that's the trip they picked - Reds, Specks and sheepshead. I don't mind one bit! The rest of the time its Phillies games and drinking on the beach. Although, I'll definitely give your guy a call and get out for some AJ!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts