BASS BARN banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one remember when they close the beaches for the red Knots especially Fortescue? Can you still launch a kayak if the tapes are up?

Thank you, MOhawk

·
Registered
568 Posts
Red Knots

" Don't you dare go near those red knots." That is their thinking. Maybe they will go someplace else in a few years.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Usually the first or second week in May, until early June. I'm not sure if you can launch between the flags, but I doubt they would look to kindly on it. It would probably be construed as a disturbance to the birds.

·
Registered
14,472 Posts
As far as i know they mean nobody on the beach you are not allowed to walk on the beach.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your replys. I was concerned about the beach being closed for stripers. If the wind ever dies down maybe I can make a few trips before the birds come. I fished there twice last year, once from shore and once from the kayak. I didn't catch anything either time but it's a nice place to launch from.

Thanks again MOhawk

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
If they do it like the last few years ...the main part of the beach was always open. the only part that was restricted was down by the little bridge wherthe small creek dumps out. usually when the horseshoe crabs lay their eggs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts