BASS BARN banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read in last weeks fisherman mag that 50 redbird subway cars were placed at the SOUTHERN end of the CM reef in 2003.

Is this true? Is it a mix up?

I took the GPS numbers that were published with some subway cars at the CM reef and I've been fishing them over the last couple years, the only thing is that these cars were at the NORTHERN end of the reef.

What's the deal fellow barners?

Furthermore I could probably find the southern cars, if they exsist, but I'd appreciate alittle help just to reduce my carbon footprint:D

My email works.

·
Registered
19,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
phillyfishing said:
i forgot whats at the reef i know there at site 11 though..
Yup they are all over reef 11, but in the article they are saying 50 were deployed on the southern end of the CM reef. I've never hear this.

·
Registered
19,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
phillyfishing said:
hey i just checked it out on the barn gps #'s there on there
I think there the ones that get you to the Northern end of the CM Reef, I have them in my GPS. No where near 50 round there. Guess I check my GPS #'s agianst the BB numbers, but I'm positive.

I think there are secret subway cars on the south end of the CM Reef:D
50 of them.:D

·
Registered
19,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hatti34 said:
i have some #s on my gps they are there
Southern end of the CM reef?

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
There are some on the North end and some on the South End. 50 total on CM.
The published numbers will get you close. That is where the marker was dropped. The barge circled the marker as the cars were shoved off. Where they actually landed varies up to 300 yds. You have to find each one individually.

·
Registered
19,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
High Wire said:
There are some on the North end and some on the South End. 50 total on CM.
The published numbers will get you close. That is where the marker was dropped. The barge circled the marker as the cars were shoved off. Where they actually landed varies up to 300 yds. You have to find each one individually.
Thanks fellow barner, If anyone would know, you would.:)

I'll find those southern CM reef rail cars.;) :D

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Redbirds at CM Reef and Site 11 are currently holding MANY of my rigs;) I need to start diving:D

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Mike Grabbe said:
Redbirds at CM Reef and Site 11 are currently holding MANY of my rigs;) I need to start diving:D
Where, do you think, we get the lead for our weight belts?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike Grabbe
Where, do you think, we get the lead for our weight belts?:rolleyes:
With the price of lead these days, sinker picking is right in line with spear fishing and lobster hunting, while we’re diving. Plus the sinkers that have a little growth on them have the added benefit of camouflage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The numbers for the southern Redbirds are: (3851.32 7441.51), (3851.02 7441.82), (3850.65 7441.84). These are numbers out of the fishing and diving guide of NJ. I have the exact co-ordinates on my Raymarine, but am not at the boat. These co-ordinates are pretty darn close as I recall. Hope this saves you some fuel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts