BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was up at Sportfishing Outlet this afternoon and got word from Harry Neff that his Brother won a whopping $475 in pool money on his hand tied Cod Rig using a CMT 6" Glow Squid he picked up last weekend at the Oaks, PA Show!

Way to go! Congrats.

Also this week an unnamed but highly famous Charter Operator called from up North and ordered 500 squids after picking up a 5 pack at the Oaks show and giving them a try on some RI Cod.

Some might have you think "its the jig" inside however my customers have been rigging these Squid with Egg Weights, Plain old pencil sinkers, Diamond Jigs of all sorts, brand and styles for the past year and half- and the results are the same big fish. They are equally deadly with no weight inside - used in a standard "3 - Way Rig"

Customers all over the world Norway, Sweden, Jersey Islands, Finland, Spain - are buying a pack on ebay and then coming back for more and more. These things are flat out deadly on Cod - I have a customer in Norway that is catching 25 kilo (50+ lbs) Cod on the 4.8" Glow with Pink Head. Now their entire fishing club is ordering from us.

Here are some great shots from Jan and Judith in Norway. They have ordered 4 times now - Judith was one of my first 50 customers back in 2008 when I started CMT. These massive 50+ lbs Cod where all caught on CMT 4.8" Octopus Glow with Pink Head. Sorry MJ Jan's Cod eats yours for pre breakfast snack ha ha. Their fishing club makes open invitation for us to fish these Cod anytime we can fly over.

Fluke are a hide and ambush predator. They lay in wait, often submerged in the sand until something tasty comes within range and then they strike. Will they swim up a few feet to take a bait - sure. I think its something about the intense glow color, as we've tried more than 10 colors and this one is hands down the best Fluke, Cod and Tuna. The combination of Glow with pink very closely resembles a "light up squid".

We will be on hand on both the upcoming Sommerset and RISA shows, please stop by and ask us to show you how to rig'em.

I'll take step by step pics and post next week. We have plenty of time till Fluke Season. All you really need is Squids, Leader, Egg weights, jigs or pencil sinkers and a little time.

COME SEE US AT BOOTH #637 SOMMETSET FOR FANTASTIC SHOW SPECIALS AND RIGGING ADVICE

Equally effective, Cod, Fluke, Tuna & Sea Bass - its the large amount of high quality Glow Power in the plastics!

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Dan not Cod but last summer

Correct me if I am wrong but did not these same squids knock the heck out of Bluefin fished over a jig of some sort on one of your trips with some of my buddies early last August. You guys lit them up when most boats had few if any bites. Talk to you soon.
John

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I had the oppertunity to fish the SUSIE Ell last weekend with a couple of barnners and there was a guy on the boat using them and he was the first to start catching cod and also was catching the bigger fish. In time he lost them and did not do as well with his other teasers. TJ

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Squid are a main food source for almost all oceanic fish.
I have used squid skirts of various sizes in many places to catch ALL types of fish. I have been lucky enough to catch fish using squid type skirts trolling or jigging in both the Atlantic, Pacific and also in fresh water. Fish will eat almost anything if presented or rigged and put in front of them. Squid skirts are one of the most versatile artificial "lures" that anglers can use to fish for almost any type of fish, structure or area.
Experimentation with different riggings and methods of presentation will give various results that can change due to sea conditions, temperature and water clarity.
Dan, I can't wait to rig up some of the squids that you hooked me up with at the Oaks show. They will be used for both flounder, bottom fishing and I will hook some of them up for trolling. Your rigs are the best priced ones that I have found and come in manydifferent colors and sizes for different target species. It was nice meeting you at the Oaks show and look forwward to maybe seeing you down at Cape May this season.
Brian

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes Booth 637 its a corner

Are you volunteering to help staff ?:bow::bow::bow:

Just kidding, yes its booth #637.

Going to be a crazy weekend - we are doing BOTH shows Sommerset and Rhode Island.

In for a penny in for a pound as they say.

Bring more of Freddy's cards for the booth!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Fish Montauk wendsday and the pink glow squid from CMT. was the ticket
for me on the teaser tiped with clam at one point it was drop an reel and
hooked the 20LB pool fish for a cool $200 Would'nt go codin with out them
A+ see you boys at the show next week :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Congrats!!!

Hey wait a minute I'm going broke bringing in all this tackle and you guys are laughing all the way to the bank!

My living room is a tackle explosion, the basement is not far behind, I had to remove my spare tire and loaded the wheel well with enough squids for Sommerset and you guys are laughing all the way to bank - Love it - EXCELLENT!

Congrats!!!!

Thats almost $700 won this past week on CMT Squids!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong but did not these same squids knock the heck out of Bluefin fished over a jig of some sort on one of your trips with some of my buddies early last August. You guys lit them up when most boats had few if any bites. Talk to you soon.
John
John that trip I think your talking about. Not only did Dans squids work. but with a 16 oz jig covered with a squid we even got hit on a dead stick with flat seas. I was jigging the jig squid skirt combo and decided to put another rod out with bait. Instead of reeling in the jig I left it down near the bottom, it was well away from the boat as the currant was ripping. As I was setting the bait rod . The dead stick jig rod went off. I think it was the perfect combination of weight and currant that squid probably hovered off the bottom and with its tenicals flopping in the currant and WAM. 63'' bft. Though that day we had a hard time boating any. I know it was about 63'' because they all were then. I saw 7 that day.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Johnny D - that was an epic day no doubt - I think we broke just about everything but the rods. The harpoon is high on the do to list this year ha ha - Hope we get out there for some more tuna this season - that was a blast!

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Dashing Dan & John the Cater

Sitting out in sunny CA typing this on the back porch this morning looking at all the flowers, plam trees and sky without a cloud in it. A little cool this morning but looking at the high 70's-low 80's for early this week.
Yesterday Diana flew back to Philly and we were all concerned about the weather back home but she was only delayed a short while with gate problems.
The real reason I am posting this is we are looking to do a informal seminar about Bluefin Tuna fishing sometime in June for any anglers that would like to stop by our boat in Cape May. I would like to discuss this with both of you but I do not have any of my phone contacts or e-mail addresses with me out here. Talk to you soon
John

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.