BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading down to Wildwood on sat, I was curious, I'm currently waiting for my Boat Safety certification, is it required down there? Or any other licenses or Cerifications?

·
Banned
2,974 Posts
As of right now there is no "certification" needed. There is a bill in legislation that will require a state mandated test for New Jersey, but it's not law yet. By the way, I see you're a new member,Welcome to The Barn!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Capt Buck, It'll be the first time down in the inlets with my new boat, I am ecited, I have primarly had the boat out on the delaware river. Any advice from any of you old salties would be appreciated

[ 06-24-2004, 08:52 AM: Message edited by: Skyace ]

·
Banned
9,261 Posts

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Welcome aboard big guy.
Make sure you're carrying your boat licence and registration, you'll need them if your boarded for inspection.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by upchuck:
Welcome aboard big guy.
Make sure you're carrying your boat licence and registration, you'll need them if your boarded for inspection.
Thanks for the welcome, I have the registration, not sure what you mean by License

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Originally posted by Skyace:
Going out of the Wildwood inlet area, probably won't venture from around there.
You Might Want To Stick To The Cold Spring Inlet.
South End of The Island.....
Like Rob Said, Herefords Inlet can be very tricky
until you are familiar with it...

Good Luck ,,

·
Registered
723 Posts
skyace welcome to the barn :D

·
Registered
382 Posts
Skyace,
Welcome to the Barn. Make sure you have all your safety equipment on board with you. (PFD's, Horn, Fire Extinguisher, etc) They have been checking agressively, we were boarded last weekend for a routine check. Good Luck.
Hat Trick

1 - 12 of 12 Posts