BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished sunday in three foot chop. Burned two cobia. 1 went 22lbs other went 35lbs. Both weighed in at Avalon. Has anyone else caught these fish. I know there around. These two make three fish in two weeks for me.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
Wish I could get into one. Anyone know if they're around in the del bay anywhere north of flattop. From what I think I know about them the answer would be no....... but what do I know.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was fishing inshore, inside the ridge. I have heard of people seeing them in the delaware bay but haven't heard of catches in the bay. I know of fish caught last year at the old grounds but that's not in the bay.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Andyv
I've had plenty under more boat a few times this year. At the WW Reef, OC Reef, Avalon Shoal.
I've tried metal, minnows, bunker
What are you hooking them with?

Thanks
Rob

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I've also have had them under my boat at the CM reef. They had no interest in me or what I was offering, where heading towards the beach.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I had on that was realy interested in my minnow bucket at the oc reef. I tried for 1/2 a hour to catch him. I tried minnows and every thing in my box. What are you catching them with?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey guys. this was the 4th fish in two years and they all ate the same thing. I hesitate to give up such a good thing. But, every fish ate an artificial eel.

hey Bonac H , did u wieght your in on saturday?
52lbs is nice, my fish last year went 51lbs. I lost a big fish two trips ago. Your fish didn't have a hook in his mouth di he?

·
Registered
852 Posts
The fish we lost on sat was the one on my rod and I'd say it was around 30 to 40 lbs and he has a hook or two in his mouth now. My friend caught the 52 lber.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts