BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
We caught Spanish Mackeral last summer at the Sea Isle Ridge on Zuker feathers and Clarke Spoons. No Cobia yet for me, although I saw a few being brought in late last summer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I caught a Cobia last summer in the DEL. Bay around the Horseshoe. Was totally surprised at what is was when it broke water. It was undersized and returned unharmed.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Spanish were inside the inlet on rising tide, Absecon inlet last year. They were smashing and jumping out of the water. Late August to September sometime. Live mullet or menhaden on the thinnest of thin copper wire with a tiny treble hook, livelined out the back of a driting or anchored vessel will work. Or clark spoons trolled are the standby up and down the coast.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Never caught a spanish on anything else but gotcha plugs. Thick like blues in NC when i was stationed there, dont catch em near as much up here, but do get em on occasion late summer.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I got them on a gotcha in IRI late in summer didnt know what I had on with the way it fought.
Doesnt RottnCapt Target Cobias in the Bay??

[ 05-28-2005, 08:57 AM: Message edited by: dawnskaybug ]

·
Registered
293 Posts
The Spanish are great eating,We fished Hatteras last Nov & limited out on large ones. They are great eating grilled with beer & seasoning.
2 small treble hooks with wire leader,figure 8 knots

1 - 11 of 11 Posts