BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
caught alot of cobia in tampa fl over the past few years but never hooked one in nj. i boated a 32 inch cobia on shedder crabs right out front today(thurs) around 7am. i will try and post pics but i am leaving for fl tomorrow for 2 weeks.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Nice Catch Flukesnatcher........
Make sure you post the PICs when you get a chance.

Have A Nice Trip to FLA....

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes it was in front of lucy approx 1.5 miles. i was fishing for flounder,weakies and croakers with pieces of shedder crab when bam it felt like a ton of bricks then it looked liked bass fishing. the cobia was tail walking on the water ans pulling line like mad. at first i thought i had a big striper but was i suprised. a friend of mine caught a few small ones last year in the del bay at one of the light houses.water was warm. warmer then my pool.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Cobia have to be 37" to keep in NJ :( I don't know why they have a limit on them,( 2 fish per day) it's not like we have them on a regular basis.We're just getting fish that strayed up here with the warm water. We also have limits for king mackerel and red drum.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I may go looking for those bad boys. Just had a 50lb'er to the boat in FL, while kingfishing, shook his head, broke the line and then... sat there a few yards from the boat for what seemed like a year. I think he was looking at us and laughing.. "silly kingfishermen". Came within a hair of free-gaffing him but that attempt was enough to motivate him to say bye-bye.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.