BASS BARN banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
K

This is why I like you so much your never afraid to share!:) Making fisherman better fisherman! Thats what it's all about! He isn't worried about teaching all of his tactics,all you have to do is ask:).Though the language is a barrier from time to time (not for me but for some people) He most certainly has fishing in his blood and loves to teach it.He will often times travel to far away destinations with someone and hook up to a fish and hand off the rod so someone else gets the pleasure to fight the fish:nuts: now some would say it is "CRAZY" but to Kil it is what fishing is all about!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
113 Posts
This is why I like you so much your never afraid to share!:) Making fisherman better fisherman! Thats what it's all about! He isn't worried about teaching all of his tactics,all you have to do is ask:).Though the language is a barrier from time to time (not for me but for some people) He most certainly has fishing in his blood and loves to teach it.He will often times travel to far away destinations with someone and hook up to a fish and hand off the rod so someone else gets the pleasure to fight the fish:nuts: now some would say it is "CRAZY" but to Kil it is what fishing is all about!:thumbsup:
Exactly my first experience with Kil.
Loving this video and the soundtrack that goes with it. The best info is from time on the water, but preparation is key...!

·
Registered
31,471 Posts
they were thick under the boat that day ....looks like if you missed one bite low you got another anyway ......I liked the backward swimming cod hook up .......nice vid

·
Registered
58 Posts
ultra light

I can't wait to try it, SeaJoy is going back in around mid march to try our local cod ...etc. That rod will be alot of fun.

·
Registered
629 Posts
why hunt bears with a switch..... a jigging rod needs enough backbone to set the hook. those cod were stacked like cordwood and the mate was pulling steady double headers. leave the wet noodles for the fishhead soup

·
Registered
10,589 Posts
why hunt bears with a switch..... a jigging rod needs enough backbone to set the hook. those cod were stacked like cordwood and the mate was pulling steady double headers. leave the wet noodles for the fishhead soup
Bear = cod, switch = light rod.............heavy sigh.:please:

·
Registered
1,985 Posts

·
Banned
1,231 Posts
Kil,

I will have to look into one of these outfits for the 4 Day George's trip in July....can hardly wait to jig my arms off :). This outfit will probably work well for scamp grouper and smaller (less than 15#) mutton snapper in the Tortugas as well.

Tight Lines,

Frank

QUOTE=KSONG;2850673]I am just happy if I can help other fishermen.

-----------------

www.jignpop.com
www.jignpopforum.com[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I like fishing lit tackle...even if I miss a few fish I'd rather have fun with the ones I do catch. Although that may have been noodley even for me.

That being said, one tough rod and great vid

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
To have more fun which is what fishing is about. This summer once I had my two cod for dinner, I would use a 7ft 15lb casting rod with an abu 5500 w/ 20lb braid if the current was light. Lots of fun catching an 8-10lb cod on light bucktailing gear.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Dont undestand the negativity here

Kil is very knowledgable about rod and reel set ups he was only testing for strength

Why not go light, more fun for me

1 - 18 of 18 Posts