BASS BARN banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone help me with a rig diagram for cod fishing. I am fishing out of Montauk, NY on Friday night and need some help making a rig or two. Please email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
629 Posts
show some trust in the mate and fish the rig he gives you . fish it the way he tells you and you will prevail. them make sure to cut him in on the pool. enjoy.

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
I hope the fishing picks up for you again on the weekend. I was pretty good about 10 days ago.

Tuesday March 18th
I just heard from the boats and the bite was VERY slow today. We still have easterly winds left over from the weekends storm. The fish are still around because the commercial boats are still catching their limit. Lets hope that the wind switches to the south tonight and tomorrow and we will bunch the fish back up again tomorrow.
Saturday March 15th There was not a lot of action on todays trip. The Captain could see the fish on the fish finder but they did not seem to want to bite, probably due to the bad weather. Capt Dave from the Viking Star reports that fishing today was much slower than on recent trips, due to the hard North East winds and rough seas. Despite the bad conditions the guys who did get to the rail managed to get about 40 keeper Cod .Captain Dave hopes to see the return of excellent fishing after the weather improves early next week.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts