BASS BARN banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went back to montauk tues what a difference 3 days make fish were gone only had 5 or 6 fish on the boat thay could not find them sat either what a shsme i thought it was going to be good fishing for a while you just never know:( :( :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I'm heading up there next Sun to fish Monday aboard the Capt. Mark.
Apparently Potts posted that a bunch of his commercial buddies still are getting fish on open bottom. Maybe they have just moved off the rough stuff. <fingers crossed>

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
TimC2520 said:
I'm heading up there next Sun to fish Monday aboard the Capt. Mark.
Apparently Potts posted that a bunch of his commercial buddies still are getting fish on open bottom. Maybe they have just moved off the rough stuff. <fingers crossed>
Supposedly, fishing has been bad for a week now.

·
Registered
500 Posts
It appears that the last day they could go was Tues. The wind has been blowing. I am going to jump on a boat next week. It looks like the best day so far is sunday. Monday looks iffy.

Moriches Inlet Ny To Montauk Point Ny Out 20 Nm- Fire Island Inlet Ny To Moriches Inlet Ny Out 20 Nm- Tonight
NW winds 25 to 30 kt with gusts up to 45 kt. Seas 5 to 9 ft...highest offshore.
Fri
NW winds 25 to 30 kt with gusts up to 45 kt. Seas 5 to 7 ft.
Fri Night
NW winds 25 to 30 kt with gusts up to 40 kt...becoming W 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 30 kt after midnight. Seas 5 to 8 ft.
Sat
W winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 2 to 4 ft.
Sat Night
NW winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
Sun
W winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
Sun Night
W winds around 10 kt...becoming NW after midnight. Seas around 2 ft.
Mon
N winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft. A chance of snow or rain. Vsby 1 to 3 nm.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Is it possible that that school of fish just wasn't that big and all the boats that killed them that one week may have caught most of them...Just a thought.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I fished CIA on Tuesday and we were able to manage about 20 keeper cod and 20 ling. Since the blow last weekend the fish have definitely moved. How far and where? Don't think anyone is sure but with this weather no one will be able to find out until it settles down. Plus with the full moon the tide has been ripping all week and that does not help either.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
KSONG said:
Did I post cod disappeared from Sat ? :)
kil we fished fri the 14 and killed them they went out sat and could not find them and i went back up tues and they could not find them either the school was a good sieze one the bite was better in the morning we started fishing in the dark and it was a bail job sure hope they did not go to far but they sure were not there tues:eek: :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts