BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are hit and miss reports on cod but it's feb 28 will we see cod run similar to last year? or is that a pipe dream ..........looks like I got to do some driving this year

·
Registered
20,268 Posts
I have spent the last couple days tying some badass cod rigs for when the boat goes in... I sure hope we get a repeat...

·
Registered
34,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have spent the last couple days tying some badass cod rigs for when the boat goes in... I sure hope we get a repeat...
whats that knot called ..where you tie a snelled hook to the leader almost like a splint to leader so the snelled hook and line stays off the lead ....kinda hangs in a C shape .....I FORGOT WHAT IT'S CALLED SOME TYPE OF NEW ENGLND ,GLOSTER COD RIG KNOT

·
Registered
924 Posts
the fleet up around montauk as stated has been hit and miss maybe better to wait for it to open in april farther north off mas .If you see good reports for a day or 2 then go the next day your screwed they do bad 2 days then go probally better chance .i know some people in north jersey who went four times and only did well 1 out of 4 he said I'm glad he didn't drag me up there and said don't bother .I don't think we will see as many cod in nj like last 2 years seems the winter wreck party boats are low on cod numbers so far.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I know of one of Wayne's honeyholes. We caught a dozen cod on it within 1 hour, a month ago. We went back to it two weeks later and only got some tog (no Cod).:confused:

·
Registered
629 Posts
the pieces get cleaned off and there is no new recruitment .thats the price we pay for a blue bird winter.I have little doubt that wayne and sammy have forgotten more spots than any sporty has in his hangbook

·
Registered
34,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the pieces get cleaned off and there is no new recruitment .thats the price we pay for a blue bird winter.I have little doubt that wayne and sammy have forgotten more spots than any sporty has in his hangbook
is a 3 hour drive to RI worth it I hear there catching up there hell when is the bite on in NH?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Just read a live report from the Viking Star and they are having a steady pic of quality cod to 30lbs!!!!! Report says the dogs are there but you have to work thru them reports of guys with limits. Capt Mark from up there took a day to fish with them and has a pic of 2 beauties. Maybe something is getting started. I can only hope. TJ

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
last few years the Block island fishery has been a very local thing. we had warm water this year. I dont think its goign to happen.

Heck its already march tomorrow. Just go a bit further north.

Im going on Relentless 4 May so I probably wont get up there before then esp since i have to get that darn hull flipped over and a motor hung by end of May....

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I know there are hit and miss reports on cod but it's feb 28 will we see cod run similar to last year? or is that a pipe dream ..........looks like I got to do some driving this year
hope your wrong but it has been to warm and i think it is to late to expect any real cold prolonged weather to bad it was sure a lot of fun to catch them like the old days sure cant beat it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.