BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys think that this latest cold snap is enough to put the stripers off their feed for a while? It looks like the temperature at the DE Bay Buoy dropped about a degree since yesterday. I know people were starting to get some striper action and , they?re definitely here, I?m just hoping they won?t develop a case of lock jaw. If they do, I hope they get hungry and go back on the feed by Saturday. We?re getting tired of Mrs. Paul?s :D (no offense C&R guys).

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
All fish have a tolerable range of temps when they are active. From everything I can find there is a simple rule to follow.

When a dramatic temperature change happens fish won't bite until their bodies have changed to match that temp.

Cold snap and the water drops then within two days the fish will have matched it and will be accustomed to it. Then they go back on the feed.

·
Registered
13,030 Posts
All of these barometric pressure changes could have more of an affect. HAPPY DAYS.

Ding

·
Registered
32,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Checked NOAA. Barometer is on the rise. We'll see.... I think that (no matter what the temp or pressure) the fish will make an exception and bite for me ;) . They know it's been a stressful winter and they will want to make me happy - even though it will be at their expense :rolleyes: .

·
Registered
13,030 Posts
LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.