BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep seeing people fishing on the south and north sides of the cold springs inlet, anybody have any idea how they get on there? South side of jetty is marked with no trespassing signs and is marked as Coast Guard property, not sure about the north side.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
It's a hike, but I think you can to walk to the East jetty if you park on the Wildwood side of the Two Mile bridge. Also, although it might not seem that way unless you are looking at a compass, but Cold Springs has an E and W jetty, not N and S.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a hike, but I think you can to walk to the East jetty if you park on the Wildwood side of the Two Mile bridge. Also, although it might not seem that way unless you are looking at a compass, but Cold Springs has an E and W jetty, not N and S.
I will take a look and see what I can do. I agree with you about East and West instead of North and South. Everyone seems to call it that so that's just how I refer to it.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I will take a look and see what I can do. I agree with you about East and West instead of North and South. Everyone seems to call it that so that's just how I refer to it.
First, the inlet faces southeast so technically everyone is wrong. Everyone that fishes it calls it the north or south side. Before covid, as long as you didn’t mind the walk, you could park in the reserve at the end of the crest and walk. They put a fence up where the path meets the beach now so nobody can get in there. NOWHERE to park by the toll bridge, which is where I used to park and walk the inlet to surf. It’s one of my favorite places so I’m bummed.

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
The "South" jetty which it is called can only be gain access from the CG base.. To do that you have to be active duty military, retired military, or a disabled vet with ID and Privilege card that allows access to all military bases I have fished the "South" Jetty for Blackfish and have been successful. Last year the Base closed the jetty due to COVID and only allowed access to the jetty for active duty personal. I am hoping that they will open the jetty this Fall for Black fishing.. The rules to fish that jetty, if you qualify to get on the Base, are that you have to a "Buddy System" to get on the jetty. That means that I must bring at least one person with me. They do not have to be active, retired, or a Vet, to get on the base with me as long as they have ID such as a valid Drivers license. The Jetty closes at dusk and you must get off or the base police will come looking for you. The jetty is not always open and the ODD determines every day if the jetty is safe to walk out on based on weather conditions. I always call the Main Gate Security Shack and ask if the jetty is open before I drive to the base to go Fishing. The best part of fishing the 'South" Jetty is that it is like fishing a Private Reserve. I have never had anyone else fishing the jetty except for myself and the friend that I bring along with me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The "South" jetty which it is called can only be gain access from the CG base.. To do that you have to be active duty military, retired military, or a disabled vet with ID and Privilege card that allows access to all military bases I have fished the "South" Jetty for Blackfish and have been successful. Last year the Base closed the jetty due to COVID and only allowed access to the jetty for active duty personal. I am hoping that they will open the jetty this Fall for Black fishing.. The rules to fish that jetty, if you qualify to get on the Base, are that you have to a "Buddy System" to get on the jetty. That means that I must bring at least one person with me. They do not have to be active, retired, or a Vet, to get on the base with me as long as they have ID such as a valid Drivers license. The Jetty closes at dusk and you must get off or the base police will come looking for you. The jetty is not always open and the ODD determines every day if the jetty is safe to walk out on based on weather conditions. I always call the Main Gate Security Shack and ask if the jetty is open before I drive to the base to go Fishing. The best part of fishing the 'South" Jetty is that it is like fishing a Private Reserve. I have never had anyone else fishing the jetty except for myself and the friend that I bring along with me.
Interesting, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
Interesting, thanks for the info.
Send me a PM if you would consider going out on the South Jetty with me. As stated I need a "Buddy' tp go out and fish the jetty. I have not yet called the Base to find out if they have "Active Duty" only are permitted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts