BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out this afternoon and decided to run up the beach off Wildwood to see if there were any birds working. Found Some.....I was hoping for some Stripers, but only found Blues. After a good hour or so, I turned around and tried Cold Springs Inlet. I was tossing a white and green bucktail with a small Fin-s minnow on the back. Caught 8 ranging in sizes from 20" to 34 1/2". Saw CapeMay Ray on the Tiderunner as he was heading out. Hope you had some good luck Ray. All in all, it was a very good day and some really good weather. Can't wait til tommorrow.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tom,
The Blues were right off of the beach. May be 50 to 100yds. They ranged from 1 to 5 lbs. They were very active in 7 to 11 feet of water.

·
Registered
611 Posts
If the blues were in that close, then the stripers are following behind and low. I have seen then following back as far as 15-20 minutes.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Volk,

We found the same thing on Saturday but we did manage a couple of striped ones underneath the blues.

Glad you had a good day. Thanks to you and Chilly for the invite this week but it looks like I'm working every day but Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No problem, Anytime you get the urge to step off of dry land, just call. I think I'm gonna pull the boat within a week or two. Hopefully we'll have some good fishing weather til then. I'm heading down in few minutes. I think I'm going to chunk for a big fatty....If I do anything, I'll post tonight.

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Volk, good to see you on the water. You did better than we did, all our bass were small. We played with the blues on the surf side with the birds and the waves. Water was super dirty, heavy with cabbage but there was a mix of blues and stripers. We were surrounded by peanut bunker and fish, mostly blues, but alot of fun on the flyrod. My buddy got his first striper on flyrod so he was pretty excited. We stayed after dark and fished in the rain, but still fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.