BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna give the cove a try this weekend. Was wondering if anyone can give a few tips on depth to fish, bait, type of rig and tide. I did the cove a few years back when it was froze over, but I'm going in a boat this time. Any info from the mullica river crews would help. Thanks

·
Registered
689 Posts
I have been in the cove 6 weekends in a row.the bwater is getting warmer and the bigger perch moved back out in the river had them 17 to 24 foot.i will be in the cove this weekend too.i have a 23 seacraft with twin johnsons on it.stop by i will tell you were to fish.Louis

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
Hey MEATMAN I got your email and the perch are really not my thing. If I happen upon them I'll fish for them but I don't usually look for them. There are guys who taget them specifically and would do a much better job at getting you to them and what to use. I might be out tomorrow for some stripers and a lame attempt at some perch.

Just remember,"you can't polish a terd"

[ 12-30-2005, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: Mullica Bob ]

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
Louie, thanks for hooking pop up with them perch. Damn they were some good eating. Been working the babies room or I'd be asking if you wanted company. It'll probally be summer before I see ya, so Happy new Year bro!

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
Louie, you know the way to my heart / head! If you got room and the weather is right, let me know of you'd like company! I may have to make an exception! Happy New year man, thanks again for looking after pop. He said he wouldn't have had hardly a fish without ya!

·
Registered
689 Posts
your dad is welcome tell him i'm still looking for an offshore trip with both of you.the only thing i do is fish every weekend all year long.never miss a weekendi have spent my whole life on the water i fished collins cove 30 years ago .i use to sell grass shrimp to nuncie in the 70's.new him when he had great bay marina,the guys in the cove might have a tough time tommorrow,water is warmer the fish move out in the river.if he goes out have him call me i will put him on them.Louis

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Same here Striperholic....I was one of those 3 boats you saw in the cove. I too missed the bite just before the dead high. I tried different spots up and down the river but it wasn't in the cards for me on Sun. Gonna give it a go this weekend.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts