BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been out to Collins Cove yet? I was there yesterday and it is almost time for ice fishing. I was wondering if anyone was there today and is it safe to go on yet? I figure tomorrow or tues. should be good.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi new to the site . My nane is Steven Lerario and Sunny and myself do the fishing report for the Cape May County Herald . Sunny is my golden retriver . I was wondering where is collin cove . It sounds so formiluar

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
STEPHEN---WELCOME TO THE BARN HOPE YOU ENJOY THE SITE.IN ANOTHER TWO MONTHS WE ALL WILL BECOME MORE ACTICE.THERE ARE A LOT OF GOOD FISHERMAN ON THIS SITE AS YOU ALREADY KNOW.
STEPHEN WRITE A VERY GOOD FISHING REPORT FOR THE
CAPE MAY COUNTY HERALD.I HAVE MEET STEPHEN AT THE WAWA'S AND A LOT OF THE LOCAL TOURNEYS WHERE HE IS THERE FOR WEIGH-INS AND TO GATHER REPORTS.COLLINS COVE IS IN THE MULLICA RIVWE SOUTHWEST OF THE PARKWAY BRIDGE OVER THE RIVER.IT WILL BECOME THE JERSEY HOTspot FOR ICE FISHING FOR PERCH.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Originally posted by sunny2:
Hi new to the site . My nane is Steven Lerario and Sunny and myself do the fishing report for the Cape May County Herald . Sunny is my golden retriver . I was wondering where is collin cove . It sounds so formiluar
Hey Steve, welocome, nice talking to you earlier today.

·
Registered
133 Posts
You will need about 2 weeks of below freezing before considering Collins Cove. Remember it is tidel water there and it takes some real hard freezes to make it safe. I would check ahead at Chestnut Neck Marina before heading down. They usually have good info about the Cove. Jim

·
Banned
13,499 Posts
I just can't help myself.....Steven, what college did you attend for journalism?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thank You every one who welcome me to the site . Keep in mine when you catch the big one . Shoot me an email see if I cant give you some ink in the paper . Thank you Steven amd Sunny

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
I was wondering where is collin cove . It sounds so formiluar
Sunny2,
Welcome to The BassBarn.Com,
Glad To Have You Aboard......

The access to the fishing is via the State
Hunting Grounds in Port Republic.Take Exit 50
off the Parkway and then take the First Right.
Go Straight to the Port Republic Store,where
you turn right.Go Under the Parkway and turn
right,and follow the signs to the back of the
hunting grounds.There is a parking area at the
edge of the meadows,and you can walk across them
to the cove.Scott Albertson at Scotts Bait &
Tackle in Mystic Island has the latest information
on Collins Cove,as well as Live Grass Shrimp.
Here is their number (609)296-1300.

I rode over the Mullica River today and its
Iced Up Pretty good,but I did see some big
holes of water that were not frozen yet due to
the tides....

*AnyOne Going To Try For Some Perch This Weekend?

[ 01-16-2004, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.