Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats your best producing color for BASS.............THANKS HABS

·
Premium Member
18,100 Posts
Originally posted by J. Habs:
Whats your best producing color for BASS.............THANKS HABS
Hey John! Welcome to the BARN!

I'm not sure if you remember me or not but I met you in the parking lot at Nelson's Bait & tackle in Cape Cod last September. I was there with DaveC, Frank M and SRF trying to highjack a few handfulls of your needlefish just as they were walking in the door :D

Anyway, I'd have to say white & yellow during the day. Although, chartreuse was pretty hot last fall around these parts

[ 03-12-2004, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: Ron Redington ]

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
I agree with all of the above for salt. I prefer blue and silver when fishing for Springtime stripers in the rivers. That water can get pretty murky.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I go with yellow during the day, but have found that nothing compares with BLACK & PURPLE in the evening. Black & purple at night is about as sure as it gets no matter what the cloud cover or moon phase.
But hey: this is coming from a bait slinger! :D

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Mr. Habs, luv your stuff. In general I like white/red or all yellow during the day and all black at night. However, I think your needlefish produce best in olive green...'round here anyway.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Welcome!!

Plugs- black, purple, yellow.

Plastic- white, and pink.

bucktails in the rips. White bucktail, chartruse grub.

[ 03-15-2004, 11:48 PM: Message edited by: Stalker Charters ]

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Guys, Just was wondering what was hot in your neck of the woods.......

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
For big swimmin plugs/poppers I do alot of chrome & Black or Yellow during the day..olive for needles.

Nighttime for me is Black or Black

Plastics we go with a brown or black topped silver/mullet looking thing that works very well.. kinda half fish/half curlytail.

Like the rest of the guys, I am a real fan of your line.. also read a real good article about you and your buddy in the Fall in "On the Water".

My friend and I fish up your way every June for a few days on our way up to Monomoy (Do Beavertail, Point Judith, couple other spots)... always seem to bump into Iron Mike or somebody I've read about or heard about each time we stumble into Saltwater Edge to buy the stuff we left behind and pick up a years worth of bucktail (they do have the best bucktail on earth).

So welcome A-barn.. good to see your post and I hope you keep crankin out those Habs..they've helped me make an awful lot of stripers very unhappy over the years..

[ 03-20-2004, 06:40 AM: Message edited by: fmTuna ]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts