BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Seems a lot of folks have forgot about the Gen I reels since I released the Gen II. I had stocked a bunch of reels planning on the shows this winter and as you know did not make the shows.

I need to clear out some inventory of CRGI-3/4 reels, CRGI-5/6 reels, and CRGI-9/11 reels. As always I put the great deals up here first for you guys. Here is the special it's a really good one!

OVER STOCKED REELS

COLTON CRGI-3/4 Reel (Any Color) $100 + $6 for shipping

COLTON CRGI-5/6 Reel (Any Color) $110 + $6 for shipping

COLTON CRGI-9/11 Reel (Any Color)$125 + $6 for shipping

OVER STOCKED RODS

COLTON TW9# Rod $170.00 plus $6.00 for shipping

COLTON TW7# Rod $150.00 plus $6.00 for shipping

COLTON SS6# Rod $130.00 plus $6.00 for shipping

COLTON SS5# Rod $130.00 plus $6.00 for shipping

COLTON SS4# Rod $125.00 plus $6.00 for shipping

Call if interested!! 570-832-4362

Tight lines, Bob

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 9 weight is the bread and butter saltwater rod in my opinion. It does everything well. That being said the 7 weight is a good schoolie setup and a great largemouth and smallie rod. The main difference between the two will be the size flies you can throw with them and the size fish you can fight with them. If you only fish the backwaters for smaller blues and stripers the 7 will work. I would opt for the 9 weight personally.

Feel free to call me if you would like to talk about putting the right setup together. 570-832-4362

Tight lines, Bob

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Bob, Sorry, I do not need another rod at the moment. I have a 5, and a 10, and I am waiting for my 3wt, that is still in the oven. Is the size 3 reel a clicker type, or quiet? I had sent you an email on this, but you know how the email can be between our computers

Check out the post of tying benches, pretty neat. Not sure how John came up with the name, but the thread is neat

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Narragansett said:
Bob, Sorry, I do not need another rod at the moment. I have a 5, and a 10, and I am waiting for my 3wt, that is still in the oven. Is the size 3 reel a clicker type, or quiet? I had sent you an email on this, but you know how the email can be between our computers

Check out the post of tying benches, pretty neat. Not sure how John came up with the name, but the thread is neat
Hey Pete,

The 3 weights are still on schedule. The 3/4 reel has a outgoing clicker only just like the rest of my reels. It can quickly be made into a non clicking reel if that is what you are looking for. It will be a perfect pairing for the 3 weight rod!

Tight lines, Bob

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Heman woman haters..........by Flyguy784

·
Registered
232 Posts
Bob, just sent you an email.

Doug

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sir,

The 9 wt rod arrived yesterday and I just happened to have a reel in my desk at work with a 9 wt line on it. Needless to say, lunch time was spent outdoors, casting on the snow. What a pleasure it is to cast the Colton rod. My faithful GLX will now become my backup rod as I feel the Colton is far superior.
The reel arrived today and what a jewel it is. Pretty to look at and such a smooth action. I'm going to have to fill it with backing and line this evening so I can put the combo together and get the full effect during lunch tomorrow, if we don't get the snow they're calling for.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey foulhook, i've read about your gear on your website and through other forums. I'm interested in purchasing some gear from you. Do you still have anything on sale and how to purchase from you. I was just curious what setup you would recommend for redfish.

·
Registered
771 Posts
otiscop said:
Sir,

The 9 wt rod arrived yesterday and I just happened to have a reel in my desk at work with a 9 wt line on it. Needless to say, lunch time was spent outdoors, casting on the snow. What a pleasure it is to cast the Colton rod. My faithful GLX will now become my backup rod as I feel the Colton is far superior.
The reel arrived today and what a jewel it is. Pretty to look at and such a smooth action. I'm going to have to fill it with backing and line this evening so I can put the combo together and get the full effect during lunch tomorrow, if we don't get the snow they're calling for.
You just made my day, I ordered a 7wt. combo from Bob on Thurs. I figured they were nice.Now I"m chomping at the bit. Hey Bob I think you mentioned a Joan Wolf fly line,I can"t find one.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got Bass? said:
You just made my day, I ordered a 7wt. combo from Bob on Thurs. I figured they were nice.Now I"m chomping at the bit. Hey Bob I think you mentioned a Joan Wolf fly line,I can"t find one.
Hey John,

Your stuff should be there Monday if it didn't find you today. Bummer about the Wulff SWT Line. I had a pack here for you. I guess I should have mentioned it. Do you have a Gander Mountain near you? They always have a stock of Wulff Line. If you can't find it let me know

Let me know when the setup shows.

Tight lines, Bob

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Baloo314 said:
Hey foulhook, i've read about your gear on your website and through other forums. I'm interested in purchasing some gear from you. Do you still have anything on sale and how to purchase from you. I was just curious what setup you would recommend for redfish.
Hey Baloo,

Ahhh Redfish. I grew up on them in south east Texas. 9 weoght would be my choice unless your really getting into bulls. Then the 10 weight.

Give me a call tomorrow or monday. I'm sure I can put something perfect together for you. 570-832-4362 www.coltonfly.com

Tight lines, Bob

·
Registered
9 Posts
& wt Rod & Reel

Foulhook,

The 7 wt arrived and I am really impressed. It's so light in the hand, throw the line a country mile and the grip is perfect.
I can't wait to hit the beaches with it for the schoolies in a few weeks.
I look forward to using the fly in the deeper channels off Martha's Vineyard.
I showed it and the 9wt to Chris Windram, let him cast both and he started drooling.

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
otiscop said:
Foulhook,

The 7 wt arrived and I am really impressed. It's so light in the hand, throw the line a country mile and the grip is perfect.
I can't wait to hit the beaches with it for the schoolies in a few weeks.
I look forward to using the fly in the deeper channels off Martha's Vineyard.
I showed it and the 9wt to Chris Windram, let him cast both and he started drooling.

Thanks again
Hey Charles,

Glad to here you like my toys! You guys get schoolies in a couple weeks??

The 7 weight is one of my personal favorites. MAtter of fact if I get a free hour or two this afternoon I may go see if the largmouth are cruising the shallows after a few days of this warm spell.

Glad to here you put them in Chris Windrams hands as well. He's a great guy. Need to call him for more DNA fibers today.

Thanks again Charles!!

Tight lines, Bob

·
Registered
771 Posts

Got mine yesterday, 7wt. very nice. can"t wait to try it out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bob,

I love my 8wt set up. I've been out casting a few times and even got a line wet last weekend. I was doing a little scouting and brought it with me. Didn't see any fish but I just had to get some saltwater on my hands. My birthday is coming up at the end of the month so I might snag one of those 9/10wts for myself if there are any left. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
483 Posts
They look nice, they should go fast.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks guys!

Glad to hear you are all happy with my toys. I am really proud of the CRGII reels. Look for lots of other stuff coming this summer. 11/12 weight rods, 13/14 weight rods, CRHT 11/14 reel(after testing myself on BFT for a couple months) Fly lines are in the works as well. Also look for a couple two handers coming. The two handers are a being built with a lot of help from **** Bell of Bloke UK. **** is a world class two hander. I am letting him pretty much run with this one as he knows a heck of a lot more than me in this area of FF. Should be testing the 13', 6" 8 weight and the 15ft 10 weight very soon. These rods should come in at a price that will allow the guys that have been thinking about it to go ahead and give it a shot without the normal very high costs to get into started.

Tight lines and thanks again guys for your support!

Bob

1 - 20 of 33 Posts